Subject: Games where everything feels satisfying/ good rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Castles of burgundy is one of my favorite games because no matter what you do, it feels good. Even getting workers feels good- always good to have workers. There’s very rarely a turn where you can truly do nothing; there’s no punishments if you can’t feed your workers; there’s no wasted dice. Actions either feel satisfying or oh my gosh that was the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done.

Any other recommendations for games like this? Has to play well with 2 and super ultra bonus points if it has a solo mode.

In before Trajan- also a great game (although I like it a bit less).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakon Gaarder
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The recent game Rajas of The Ganges is like that. Constantly rewarding and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gray
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always had a great time playing La Granja. It's a little on the heavier side, but there are many "anytime" actions that make the game really flexible and (relatively) easy-going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you just not care about winning? Are incapable of thinking that far ahead?

It's hard to figure out what you'd like.

Wasting actions taking workers in cob realy should not be stimulating your pleasure centers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Do you just not care about winning? Are incapable of thinking that far ahead?

It's hard to figure out what you'd like.

Wasting actions taking workers in cob realy should not be stimulating your pleasure centers...

You forgot to yell "get off my lawn!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there."
mbmbmbmbmb
Russian Railroads

I'm not usually a point salad fan, but this thing spits out so many points, it's hard not to go squee when you are scoring triple digits in the last turn. You are constantly hitting bonuses that just ramp up your VP engine and they are all satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel this way about Once Upon a Time: The Storytelling Card Game. It doesn't have very precise mechanics, but because you're essentially engaging in competitive storytelling, every card you play ends up shaping the final narrative. All the turns are simultaneous, and nothing is ever wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
How heavy are you looking for, Zach?

Rajas, as previously mentioned, is an excellent choice. Endeavor, Snowdonia, and Viticulture also give me a similar feeling, at roughly the same weight. If you wanted to go lighter, the recently published Azul and Sagrada might also be a good fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Player
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
World's Fair 1893 is definitely like this. You get something on every turn. It's a very light euro. There's an unofficial solo variant that seems easy to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
Haakon Gaarder wrote:
The recent game Rajas of The Ganges is like that. Constantly rewarding and fun.

I looked into this and it looks great! I ordered it. Thanks!

Thanks for all the recs. I’ve thought about fields of arle but isn’t there some kind of feed your people kind of thing?

Interesting, never even thought of Russian railroads. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Yoder
United States
Middleton
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You DO need to feed your people in Arle. I don't consider it stressful (because it is very easy to do), but yeah, you are punished for not doing it.

I recommend Concordia. There's literally NOTHING you can do to feel down about yourself. Every turn is growth, increase, movement. And you don't even know who won until the very end, so there's no way to feel like you're falling behind and won't ever catch up, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
qwerty qberty
msg tools
La Granja is solid. I was kind of angry the first time I played it solo because it just felt like a mess but it started orchestrating beautifully. I would say either Trajan or Puerto Rico are my favorite games but for some reason La Granja gets more play by my own urging. I think its because it hits all the right marks in game length, rhythm and combos. I also love how it plays a different temperment each time. Kind of like watching a paper airplane fly a slightly different path on each cast. There's something intriguing about it. It can be a little frustrating in the end when you're one delivery away from completing something but that's also what makes it feel like a game with some consequence instead of a complete handout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
nomoredroids wrote:
You DO need to feed your people in Arle. I don't consider it stressful (because it is very easy to do), but yeah, you are punished for not doing it.

I recommend Concordia. There's literally NOTHING you can do to feel down about yourself. Every turn is growth, increase, movement. And you don't even know who won until the very end, so there's no way to feel like you're falling behind and won't ever catch up, either.

This guy sounds smart, listen to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
SuperGLS wrote:
nomoredroids wrote:

Concordia has been on my to buy list for...ever.
Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Gnarlo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
LESS FILLING
badge
Guy Smiley
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob Ross: Art of Chill Game. You've got a happy little palette and happy little paint, and a happy little painting on a happy little easel. What's not to love? Hell, I can just stare at the box and smile and smile...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Xia: Legends of a Drift System?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Western Trail gave me that feeling. It's probably because it's very much a point-salad game: no matter what you do, it's going to give you points in the end...

(And that's also why I wasn't overly impressed by the game - apart from not caring about the theme: I didn't feel like my choices mattered much.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
La Granja: No Siesta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lopresti
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s3kt0r wrote:
Russian Railroads

I'm not usually a point salad fan, but this thing spits out so many points, it's hard not to go squee when you are scoring triple digits in the last turn. You are constantly hitting bonuses that just ramp up your VP engine and they are all satisfying.

I am not against Russian Railroads at all, love it as a solo game.
But multiplayer it is quite cut-throat with the worker placement, plus the planning involved is on the heavy side of things.

I find Castles of Burgundy way more enjoyable.

Fields of Arle is a good suggestion for a mellow, feel-good game. Especially if played with someone of a similar mindset. Every game gets harsh if you play harsh people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezequiel Vieira
Brazil
flag msg tools
Viticulture Essential Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zb1035 wrote:
SuperGLS wrote:
nomoredroids wrote:

Concordia has been on my to buy list for...ever.
Great game.

If you really are interested in Concordia, it's one of the games to can purchase via Google Express desk they have going. 30% off if you are first time user of the app.

I think starting price is about $43.50, so would be about $30 range after discount.

Check out the hot deals section for more details

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Momo Momo
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
E2EK1ELBR wrote:

Just thinking about this game makes me happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also add Lanterns: The Harvest Festival to the list. The artwork is gorgeous, you receive benefits on every turn (including your opponents' turns), and placing tiles is immensely aesthetically pleasing. There are really no active negative effects, except on the rare instance where you are blocked from receiving a card due to scarcity - and even that never lasts long. It's just a lovely game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.