27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Predictions for the investigators in The Lost Age? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Turner
msg tools
Just a thought that came to me today when thinking about this expansion. Wouldn't it be fun to try to predict the exact five investigators they choose and see if you got it right when it actually comes out? We already know about Ursula as the Seeker, but I'm going to try predicting her deckbuilding requirements as well.

Lily Chen (Guardian): Guardian Level 0 - 5, Neutral Level 0 - 5, Mystic Level 0, Skill cards Level 0 - 2
Ursula Downs (Seeker): Seeker Level 0 - 5, Neutral Level 0 - 5, Rogue Level 0 - 2
Monterey Jack (Rogue): Rogue Level 0 - 5, Neutral Level 0 - 5, Item cards Level 0.
Someone new to Arkham Files (Mystic): Mystic Level 0 - 5, Neutral Level 0 - 5, ????
Leo Anderson (Survivor): Survivor Level 0 - 5, Neutral Level 0 - 5, ???? (something weird), Ally assets level 0 - 2

I chose Lily cause she had a bit of an emphasis on the recent promotional material for Mansions of Madness. I feel like if they want to have another unique flavor of Guardian, she's it. I could also picture them putting the original version of Carolyn Fenn as well.

Monterey Jack seems to fit because he has an explorer vibe with him already set. If they do Carolyn instead of Lily I could also picture them making him a melee centric Rogue investigator, similar to Skids but slightly more aggressive.

Leo has already appeared on some recent cards so perhaps this is foreshadowing for what's to come.

As for the new investigator, it's hard to pinpoint what. I'd like to see Marie in this spot, but I have a feeling FFG is gonna get cute and just save her for an expansion her theme fits more with. Plus they're always expanding the Arkham Files investigators. I think they can allow for a unique opportunity to make a really cool Mystic character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the idea! Let's see...

Guardian - Leo Anderson (Guardian 0-5, Neutral 0-5, Tactics (trait) 0-2)
Seeker - Ursula Downs (Seeker 0-5, Neutral 0-5, Trick (trait) 0, Survivor 0)
Mystic - Diana Stanley (Mystic 0-5, Neutral 0-5, Seeker 0-2, Deck Restriction - cannot take cards that provide more than 1 WILL icon)
Survivor - Monterey Jack (Survivor 0-5, Neutral 0-5, Seeker Tactics & Insights (traits) 0)
Rogue - Trish Scarborough (Rogue 0-5, Neutral 0-5, Guardian 0-2)

Wild guesses, as you can see. XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dacai Foli
msg tools
I really don´t want to see a new mystic before they release Dexter Drake :|
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Guardian - Father Mateo
Seeker - Ursula Downs
Mystic - Calvin Wright
Survivor - Darrell Simmons
Rogue - Monterey Jack

Father Mateo has Yig in his backstory and Yig will feature in this cycle. He's most likely a Guardian since he's a priest. Maybe with some Mystic cards since religious artifacts are in the mystic card pool. If Mateo is in I think Leo is out this cycle.

Ursula is confirmed.

Calvin because one of the cards in the preview fan for the preview article (Until The End Of Time) looks like it belongs to Calvin. I'm pretty confident on this one. Not sure if he's a Survivor or Mystic (maybe some combination of the two). If Mystic he'll probably have the lowest willpower of any mystic, which might yield interesting builds.

Darrell Simmons because he's a photographer. I guess it would make sense for him to go on an expedition to document the findings.

Monterey Jack because he's likely to go on an expedition. Though we have other travel destinations so maybe they are saving him and Leo for future cycles. I think he'd make a good Rogue (with some Seeker cards). He seemed both lucky and willing to do things that weren't exactly legal from what I remember.

I think Diana Stanley is waiting for a Silver Twilight Lodge centric cycle based on her backstory. I think Trish is waiting for a R'yleh cycle based on her backstory.

For future cycles I'm thinking Dreamland with Carolyn and Luke. R'yleh with Silias Marsh and Trish Scarbough. Silver Twilight with Joe Daimond, Preston Fairmont and Daina Stanley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Turner
msg tools
phillosmaster wrote:
Guardian - Father Mateo
Seeker - Ursula Downs
Mystic - Calvin Wright
Rogue - Monterey Jack

Father Mateo has Yig in his backstory and Yig will feature in this cycle. He's most likely a Guardian since he's a priest. Maybe with some Mystic cards since religious artifacts are in the mystic card pool. If Mateo is in I think Leo is out this cycle.

Ursula is confirmed.

Calvin because one of the cards in the preview fan for the preview article (Until The End Of Time) looks like it belongs to Calvin. I'm pretty confident on this one. Not sure if he's a Survivor or Mystic (maybe some combination of the two). If Mystic he'll probably have the lowest willpower of any mystic, which might yield interesting builds.

Darrell Simmons because he's a photographer. I guess it would make sense for him to go on an expedition to document the findings.

Monterey Jack because he's likely to go on an expedition. Though we have other travel destinations so maybe they are saving him and Leo for future cycles. I think he'd make a good Rogue (with some Seeker cards). He seemed both lucky and willing to do things that weren't exactly legal from what I remember.

I think Diana Stanley is waiting for a Silver Twilight Lodge centric cycle based on her backstory. I think Trish is waiting for a R'yleh cycle based on her backstory.

For future cycles I'm thinking Dreamland with Carolyn and Luke. R'yleh with Silias Marsh and Trish Scarbough. Silver Twilight with Joe Daimond, Preston Fairmont and Daina Stanley.

I actually almost put Father Mateo in the OP as my Mystic but I changed my mind last minute, lol. I do like the idea of him being a Guardian/Mystic though that would make a lot of sense.

Also glad everyone is on the same page on Monterey Jack, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
Guardian - Father Mateo
Seeker - Ursula Downs
Mystic - Calvin Wright
Rogue - Monterey Jack

Ursula is confirmed.

I like your picks, but I would find it very surprising if Leo doesn't show up in this set. Leo and Monterey seem like shoe-ins for this release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not gonna lie, if Monterey isn't some sort of Rogue/Seeker or Seeker/Rogue I'll be a little bit disappointed. He doesn't scream Guardian or Mystic to me. Maybe Survivor, but I think we have so many potential Survivor options to choose from and Minh already is a Seeker/Survivor.

The thing that gives me pause about my list is they've been pretty good about representation in these boxes so I doubt the release will be so dude heavy. I'm thinking maybe not Darrell as Survivor and instead someone like Rita Young (since she's a no brainer for Survivor) or someone new.

The reason I'm think Leo and Monterey might not be in is because we have many other expedition locations still to visit like the Antarctica or Egypt for starters. So they'd also fit in that thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
The reason I'm think Leo and Monterey might not be in is because we have many other expedition locations still to visit like the Antarctica or Egypt for starters. So they'd also fit in that thematically.

Certainly a good point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Leo's story from the Investigators book I think was sort of like Dagon so Leo could also be connected to a Deep Ones/R'yleh cycle. Though Silias Marsh has to be in that one and he screams Guardian to me, and Leo is also most likely a Guardian considering his description and the fact that he appears on a Guardian card. Hard to say, but I do like thinking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:

Agreed!
I feel exactly the same! I was thinking maybe they'd slot Monterey on some Nephren-Ka Egpytian theme expansion, but then again, they did put Akachi into the Carcosa expansion, which seems to have the least likelihood of being linked.

I guess it's safe to say that they are not going to constantly use the exact location link when designing and including the investigators.

Though, I have a feeling Leo (as the Expedition Leader) seems to be more likely to be included than Monterey (as the Archaeologist), since his job sounds more.. Pyramid-ish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Paul
msg tools
Calvin wright is pretty much confirmed right now with the hint that FFG let us in the preview.

The "W" and the clothes. This is him !

As a Survivor or Mystic maybe ?

And Leo Anderson obviously as a Guardian because of his appearance on this guardian card !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Damn! Finn Edwards was one of the ones I was struggling to put in or not, vs. Trish... I lost T.T

But I got Leo right as the Guardian, yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I posted on the FFG forums, with this reveal, I'm now going to make the wild speculation that our last two 'gators are Calvin and (finally!) Marie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to just get Marie in the game finally and not just as a preview hanging over our heads. Someone was saying in another thread that they already said Marie wasn't in the box somewhere, but since it was second hand I'm not sure if that was just hot air or real information.

I'd still like to see Father Mateo, but I think both he and Monterey are pretty much confirmed out after this article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I can't really see Calvin as a Mystic, so given that we've seen Rogue, Guardian and Seeker, I'll put him as Survivor.

That leaves Mystic. Let's see, from the list, who could be a Mystic:

Dexter Drake. Probably combined with either Guardian (was a soldier) or Rogue (is a stage magician). Doesn't have anything in his back story that fits the theme, as far as I can tell.

Father Mateo. Is Mexican, or at least lives in Mexico, going by his Eldritch Horror story blurb, so that would be a natural fit. Also, as mentioned before, Yig.

Jacqueline Fine. Don't see her fitting either. No particular connections to ruins, expeditions, Latin America or Yig.

Luke Robinson: Nah. I'm still hoping for a Dreamlands Campaign at some point.

Marie Lambeau: we've seen her before, so we know she's a Mystic. No theme connections, though. If there's ever a New Orleans expansion, that's where she'd belong. At least we have Curse of the Rougarou.

Diana Stanley: would be a very weird Mystic, with her low willpower. On the other hand, her backstory has her being sent to Central America from ARkham.

Agatha Crane: can't see her going on expeditions.

So, my money is on Mateo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldan985 wrote:

Do you really think they'll release a deluxe expansion with 4 male and only 1 female investigator? That would be very unlike previous expansions for any of the Arkham games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Turner
msg tools
WarpedLord wrote:
As I posted on the FFG forums, with this reveal, I'm now going to make the wild speculation that our last two 'gators are Calvin and (finally!) Marie.

To be honest it does look like this is happening. Why? Because Marie falls in line with the Extra Action theme these investigators have.

And Calvin Wright is likely due to that art on that one signature card, lol. It was fun guessing these investigators, though. Good news is that the fact that these things were revealed means the release of this is closer than we might've initially thought since they revealed Mark and Minh pretty close to release as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
WarpedLord wrote:
Eldan985 wrote:

Do you really think they'll release a deluxe expansion with 4 male and only 1 female investigator? That would be very unlike previous expansions for any of the Arkham games...

Good point, I didn't think of that. So, either Marie or the Cultist then. I haven't seen Marie, but people say she fits mechanically, so I suppose it's her then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelvin C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eldan985 wrote:
Good point, I didn't think of that. So, either Marie or the Cultist then. I haven't seen Marie, but people say she fits mechanically, so I suppose it's her then.

That said, there is also a possibility of them creating a new Mystic for the game - not surprising since they did do it when Sefina was released.

I am excited to know which Mystic there will be available! I've been loving the Mystics so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
I will leave it up to people whether they want to go see it or not, but the last two investigators have leaked on the r/arkhamhorrorlcg subreddit (though with no details about their gameplay rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaiusDrewart wrote:
I will leave it up to people whether they want to go see it or not, but the last two investigators have leaked on the r/arkhamhorrorlcg subreddit (though with no details about their gameplay rules).

Huh... well, I'm surprised, but they make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Turner
msg tools
Lol quite the sausage party these investigators are. Though to be fair outside of Rex the best investigators so far mechanically have mostly been women, lol.

NOBODY guessed Finn Edwards for this set though. However it seems most of us were able to scope out the others. Good job, gents. Now it's time to see what their deckbuilding options are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bühler
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Suggestion: They all go for a trait.

Anderson: ally
Edwards: illicit
Downs: relic?
Wright: ?
Mateo: spirit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All of the investigators this release have 4, 4, 3, and 1 as stats.

Marie also has those stats (4/4/1/3). Also, they added all those non-mystic spells pretty recently in Carcosa, which seems in line with her build requirements (giving her more spells to use than mystic which she already has access to).

I am pretty confident Marie will be included, but time will tell.

I have played her quite a bit and enjoy her well enough and am glad others will get a shot at her now too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Although the justification for Mateo seems compelling too.

Any chance of him being Survivor and still including Marie as Mystic?

(even though Calvin may be on a player card, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be an investigator in the release - though it does point that way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.