Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gorgos
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Never played this despite owning it for a year, because I bought the Molly & Lore version at an online closeout and mistakenly thought I could figure it out without knowing German. Wrong! Thank you to whomever accepted my geekgold and posted the translated cards.

Set up everything easily enough, and Tara and I got into a pattern of going on recon for the first action and then eating the best grass patch for the second action. Once the wolf was found, however, everything changed. Suddenly, the action cards were being used for both defense and offense, and sheep were scurrying far from the wolf. Recon was less neccessary with only one more wolf out, so the sheep were blindly eating up grass, including those delicious 5s.

However, because the wolf ate two of her sheep after coming out of hiding, Tara was more cautious, and it cost her in the end. Final score was 28 - 21.

This game was a lot of fun, and I like the bit of randomness that makes it seem less like checkers and more of an adventure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.