Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

Whether you are a backer or pre-order customer or are just eyeballing the game, we thought it'd be important to get a FAQ going, since Kickstarter locked down the campaign (including the FAQ there) from edits. We'll do our very best to keep this up-to-date and in return we'd love it if you could kindly try to remind yourselves and each other to check here first before sending Q's over KS, BGG, or email. We absolutely love talking to you all but we'd rather talk about gameplay, theme, rules, etc. than logistics if we can help it.

(Please note: orange font below denotes a question that has already been asked to which we have not yet crafted an answer. Typically we’ll update the FAQ within 24 hours so please check back a day later before asking it again.)

Hope that makes sense!
Let's jump in...

Table of Contents

1. General Questions (Check here first!)

1a. “How can I get the game, if I missed the Kickstarter?”
1b. “In which languages will the game be available?”
1c. “I’ve backed the game, now how do I choose my preferred language?”
1d. “My preferred language isn’t being printed, but can I expect a PDF download of the rulebook in my language?”
1e. “What are the contents of the base Game?”
1f. “Including the base game, expansion and add-ons, what will fit in the box?”
1g. “Will everything still fit even if the cards are sleeved?”

2. Pledge Manager Questions

2a. “What is a pledge manager and where is it?”
2b. “Is it possible to change my pledge, once the pledge manager opens?”
2c. “Can I decrease my pledge amount in the pledge manager?”
2d. “When will the pledge manager be accessible?”

3. Shipping Questions

3a. “Will there be an Essen pick up?”
3b. “Is it possible to pick up the game in Berlin (or other cities / countries)?”
3c. “Will discounted shipping be provided for bulk orders of the game?”
3d. “How can I confirm and/or change my shipping address?”
3e. “Are any local pick-up options available?”

4. Retail Questions

4a. “Will Seize the Bean be available for retail purchase?”
4b. “What is the difference between the retail and Kickstarter versions of Seize the Bean?”
4c. “I’m a retailer interested in Seize the Bean, how can I contact you?”
4d. “I’ve signed up for the Quality Beast Retailer Network but haven’t received anything yet, did I miss something?”

5. Print & Play Questions

5a. “Where can I find the print and play files?”
5b. “Will the print and play include full art?”
5c. “When will the print and play be updated?”
5d. “Is there going to be a translation of the print and play? If yes, in which languages?”
5e. “Will the print and play include all customer groups?”
5f. “Will the print and play support 5 to 6 players?”
5g. “Will the print and play support solo mode?”

6. Tabletop Simulator Questions

6a. “How do I get access to the Tabletop Simulator version of Seize the Bean?”
6b. “Will a digital version of Seize the Bean be available on other platforms too?”

7. Misc. Questions

7a. “How do I become a playtester?”

Don't see your question listed above? Go ahead and just ask it directly in the thread and we'll add it to the list as soon as we can!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"How can I get the game, if I missed the Kickstarter?"

Pre-orders are now open at: preorder.seizethebean.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"In which languages will the game be available?"

English, French, German and Spanish.
If the Chinese campaign succeeds than Chinese too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I’ve backed the game, now how do I choose my preferred language?"

You’ll do this in the pledge manager, once it opens.

(If you aren’t sure what this is or how to use it, please check out the Pledge Manager Questions in the FAQ table of contents.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"My preferred language isn’t being printed, but can I expect a PDF download of the rulebook in my language?"

Perhaps. It’s our intention to get as many “hobby translations” of the rulebook as possible. We’ve already begun to request interested hobbyists to volunteer for this. Please take a look at that thread to follow along with the status or submit your skills to assist! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"What are the contents of the base game?"

• 573 cards
• 230 Customer cards (23 groups, 10 per group)
• 48 Friends & Family cards (6 sets of 8 unique cards)
• 27 Group Award cards (27 groups including F&F + the 3 promo packs, 1 per group)
• 115 Product cards (10 groups, 5 per group)
• 115 Upgrade cards (10 groups, 5 per group)
• 12 Founder cards
• 20 solo mode cards
• 6 player aid / travel board cards
• 211 resin figures (coffee beans, milk cartons and sugar cubes)
• 1 plastic scoop
• 8 wooden meeples (silkscreened on both sides)
• 4-5 punch boards (exact tokens and final count to be announced soon, approx. 140+ tokens)
• 4 dual-layer player boards
• Rulebook
• Solo scenario book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Including the base game, expansion and add-ons, what will fit in the box?"

It’s our intention to make sure that the base game contents, 5 to 6 player expansion contents, promo packs, snack pack, first player tokens, resource sacks and player sacks all fit into the base game box. We won’t be able to confirm this 100% until we’re dealing with samples from our manufacturer but we have already upped the box size to 250 x 250 x 70mm (the same size as the King of Tokyo box). We also intend to attempt to fit the play mat in as well if we do in fact produce this in linen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will everything still fit even if the cards are sleeved?"

It’s our intention to support sleeved cards. Given the quantity of cards in this game (647 in total, with base game, expansion and promos combined) we have quite the challenge to fit everything for those that went “all in” without creating a ton of empty space for those that did not. We’ll keep backers up-to-date on this topic via Kickstarter updates and we’ll post news here as we progress on this puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"What is a pledge manager and where is it?"

If this is one of your first Kickstarter projects you’ve backed this may be quite confusing. A pledge manager is typically a website made by a third party. Once the campaign is over and the Kickstarter payments have been processed the pledge manager will be opened. All backers will receive a link via email. Following this link, each backer will have access to their specific rewards. They will have the amount they pledged during the campaign as a credit. They can use it to choose their add-ons and pay for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is it possible to change my pledge, once the pledge manager opens?"

Totally. The vast majority of rewards and add-ons will be available to you, at the same discounts, as other pledge levels. The only things which are not available are the custom contributions, like leaving a personal message on a good or bad review, or having yourself drawn onto a card. Those rewards will only be available to people who backed at those levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Can I decrease my pledge amount in the pledge manager?"

You cannot lower your pledge amount in the pledge manager. If you accidentally over-pledged, please apply your excess amount to shipping. We also have a tip jar option available on the pledge manager in the case you want to buy our hard working team here at Quality Beast a round of hipster coffees.

No, but seriously, if you have any issues with your pledge amount please get in touch with us immediately via KS messages or email at growl@qualitybeast.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When will the pledge manager be accessible?"

We do not currently have an exact date. We’re aiming at early March. We've missed early March but are looking at opening up the pledge manager between March 19th and March 26th. If we have any updates we’ll post them here and share them via a Kickstarter update!

We are excited to share that the official pledge manager opening date is June 25th, 2018. This was announced in the 21st Kickstarter update. We hope to see all backers there!

(Edited on 2018/6/16 or announce the pledge manager opening date.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will there be an Essen pick up?"

We are aiming for Essen pick up, but can not 100% confirm yet. We will confirm this once the pledge manager has opened.

There will not be Essen pick up due to a timeline delay announced in our 21st Kickstarter update.

To clarify: there will not be the game available at Essen. We are talking to the manufacturers who are doing our milk carton deck box and the plushie (since neither of those are done by Panda, the manufacturer of the game itself) and it seems that we are likely to have both at Essen. Therefore, backers could perhaps pick them up there. We're currently looking into how this would be possible and we'll edit this post if we have a definitive answer.

(Edited on 2018/6/16 to confirm there are no game pick ups at Essen.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is it possible to pick up the game in Berlin (or other cities / countries)?"

We’re working on this but cannot confirm anything yet. As of now we’re in touch with multiple retail shops around the world to try and confirm their availability for offering pick-ups those backers who live nearby or can easily visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will discounted shipping be provided for bulk orders of the game?"

If you order multiple copies of the game, we are happy to ship them all together. You’ll see that discounted shipping is provided in the pledge manager when adding in multiple items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will Seize the Bean be available for retail purchase?"

That depends what you mean, but short answer: yes. We are already offering pre-orders now which provide €5 discount off the MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) of the game as well as off the 5 to 6 player expansion. Later, we will be offering the game for sale ourselves, via our soon-to-be-launched webstore and in-person at events. We are currently in touch with a variety of retailers from around the world who are interested in purchasing copies of the game. Whether or not copies will be available, physically, at a store in your region is not something we can confirm yet. We are happy to encourage retailers to announce this once they’ve paid for their copies, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"What is the difference between the retail and Kickstarter versions of Seize the Bean?"

None. The base game offered on Kickstarter and via our pre-order store on BackerKit is the same exact game that will be available for full-price in stores later. However, both backers and pre-order customers will receive a €5 discount on the base game as well as the expansion, and backers will receive a variety of free add-ons with every copy of the game they purchase. These add-ons will be available for pre-order and retail purchase, however at limited quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I’m a retailer interested in Seize the Bean, how can I contact you?"

Please email us at sales@qualitybeast.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I’ve signed up for the Quality Beast Retailer Network but haven’t received anything yet, did I miss something?"

No, you haven’t. We’re handling our backers first and once everything is setup for them we’ll be in touch. We know you are under time pressure to prepare pre-orders yourself so you can be sure we are moving as quickly as we can. You can expect to see further information by Friday, March 2nd.

We have sent out a newsletter to all signed up retailers on March 16th. If you were signed up before this but did not receive the email please check your spam folder. If you signed up after this please get in touch with us at sales@qualitybeast.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Where can I find the print and play files?"

If you’re a backer at the Decaf Coffee (or higher) level then you’ve paid for early access to the print and play. There has been only one release of the print and play so far and it was mass-messaged to Kickstarter backers of all reward levels early in the campaign. If you missed this, please message us directly on Kickstarter and we’ll send you out a link.

If you’re not a backer then you’ll need to wait until the print and play is completely done and download it from BGG and/or the official Seize the Bean website. There is not yet a publicly announced release date yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will the print and play include full art?"

Eventually, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When will the print and play be updated?"

The updates will be ongoing, but you can expect to see the next update in early March. It will be communicated via a Kickstarter mass-message.

Our 20th Kickstarter update on April 29th shared v3.11.0 of the print and play. Give it a look if you haven't already, it includes everything needed to play by the newest release of the rulebook.

(Edited on 2018/6/16 to announce print and play v3.11.0.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is there going to be a translation of the print and play? If yes, in which languages?"

Yes. We do not have a confirmed languages list yet, but just like the rules we’ll be aiming to translation in more languages than we printed the game in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will the print and play include all customer groups?"

Eventually, yes. Release dates of each customer group will be staggered and are undetermined as of now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Will the print and play support 5 to 6 players?"

Theoretically it already does. However, the 5 to 6 player content will be available in the print and play eventually as well, though the date of this is undetermined as of now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.