6 Posts

The Grimm Forest» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeving cards & dealing with inserts... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
To follow-up an earlier reply to the problem of sleeving the cards and still having all the components fit inside the box, I think I've come up with a simple (and cheap) solution.

I took 3 of the punch boards with the most open spaces and cut out an internal square approx. 10¾". This allowed the cards to sit inside with 4 columns wide and 3 rows high (about 8 cards on each of the 12 piles).

I then placed the "resource" punch board (most holes but fewest large open areas) on top of the cards; then the last remaining punch board.

Then place all the remaining trays on top as normal and I think you're good to go. I still wouldn't recommend stacking the box sideways since the cards will most likely shift.

This is a simple solution for sleeving your cards without buying any any additional materials or inserts to hold all the components.

I used Mayday 63.5 x 88 sleeves, premium for the gather cards, regular for the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henk Allaert
Belgium
Dadizele
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or you can use Ultra Pro standard Pro-fit sleeves (64x89). They fit the cards perfectly and even fit in the insert without any adaptations needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roadie75 wrote:
Or you can use Ultra Pro standard Pro-fit sleeves (64x89). They fit the cards perfectly and even fit in the insert without any adaptations needed.

^THIS thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roadie75 wrote:

2nd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
I just used what I had laying around to get them sleeved. Odd that the ones you mentioned are larger yet they fit in the insert. I tried that with mine and yes they fit, but the corners got smashed so I opted for the method I have shown. Maybe I'll get the ones you suggested and see what's up with the dimensions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Howell
msg tools
Thanks for the Ultra Pro tip! They were a tight fit in the sleeves, but it's perfect. Fits right back in the box. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.