Popular Tags: [View All]
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, but I backed the Cryptozoic Walking Dead KS, and the components are the cheapest, flimsiest, and worst components I've had in any boardgame (that wasn't cut out of a magazine). Check out the comments for Cryptozoic and their previous KS (including Ghostbusters) for comments. OTOH, GKR: Heavy Hitters was a partnered game and the components, I hear, are quite good. If anyone in the SF Bay Area wants to trade for my KS copy of TWD, drop me a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Just a heads up, but I backed the Cryptozoic Walking Dead KS, and the components are the cheapest, flimsiest, and worst components I've had in any boardgame (that wasn't cut out of a magazine). Check out the comments for Cryptozoic and their previous KS (including Ghostbusters) for comments. OTOH, GKR: Heavy Hitters was a partnered game and the components, I hear, are quite good. If anyone in the SF Bay Area wants to trade for my KS copy of TWD, drop me a PM.

My hope is that this is a scenario like when Game Salute brings Keyflower to KS. That we're getting a game via Cryptozoic, but not published by them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Barker
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
We know that some backers were unhappy with aspects our previous campaigns, and we take all these criticisms to heart. We listen to our fans and have done everything we can to improve how we run and support such campaigns. We look forward to making CULT our best Kickstarter campaign yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ABarker23 wrote:
We know that some backers were unhappy with aspects our previous campaigns, and we take all these criticisms to heart. We listen to our fans and have done everything we can to improve how we run and support such campaigns. We look forward to making CULT our best Kickstarter campaign yet!

So is Cryptozoic the publisher of the title or just a distributor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Barker
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:

Cult is a game created and tested by Igrology and Tabletopia. They then partnered with us, Cryptozoic, to create a Kickstarter campaign for a physical product and worldwide release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ABarker23 wrote:
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:

Cult is a game created and tested by Igrology and Tabletopia. They then partnered with us, Cryptozoic, to create a Kickstarter campaign for a physical product and worldwide release.

So who is responsible for decisions on component material choices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Barker
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:

We are both making decisions to make the best game possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ABarker23 wrote:
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:
jmathias wrote:
ABarker23 wrote:

We are both making decisions to make the best game possible.

OK, thanks. Looks like a pass for me, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Quek
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
As a backer for TWD i was severely disappointed and felt like i was ripped off ... So nope ... not fooling me this time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ABarker23 wrote:

You say that... but they were the same criticisms from the Ghostbusters campaign(s). One step forward, two steps back, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
After the Ghostbusters campaign how you can honestly say you listen to or respect your backers, it is a strait out lie. Your company is horrible. I would go take a long look in the mirror if I were you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Karinsky
msg tools
I was quite happy with the quality of the game components in the GB games. But i'm not a hardcore gamer and i haven't really got anything to compare them to but i thought they were good, and certainly better than I've ever had before.

As for a negative, if you want to please the 'fans' and look after the backers how about providing us with a fixed rule book or appendix that i don't have to print out myself?? The game is too expensive for me to have to print out all the components, that's not what we paid for cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.