Hide
7 Posts

The Order of Vampire Hunters» Forums » Rules

Subject: should the Harpoon card require a 2+ or 3+ die roll? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bggdude bggdude
msg tools
Using the Harpoon card doesn't require a die roll.
Maybe this action should fail sometimes, using a 2+ or 3+ die roll?
What do you think about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MichaƂ Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
I don't think so. Harpooning is really restricted (works only during day, one harpoon at the time, range of 6 Areas) and wakes all Vampires in Rooms a harpooned rides through in his way to Pete. Risking a failed test would make this ability more dangerous than useful, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Corwyn
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe roll the Breakage die. If the broken Icon is rolled the rope of the harpoon breaks and the vampire gets free on his way to Pete. Roll 1 die (max range 6 for a harpoon, so 1-6) to determine in which area that happens.
The wake-up rule still applies and the freed vampire moves to the nearest hunter and executes an attack. (on the hunter who initiated the harpoon action.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it should require some kind of failure option if the vampire is not sleeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bggdude bggdude
msg tools
- yes, the Breakage die could come in play, after 2 or 3 uses of the Harpoon card (after all, the Harpoon is brand new when game starts, but it could break later )

- and, yes, using the Harpoon on an active Vampire is probably a difficult task...

Thanks for these ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fratus
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
It's a range of 5 not 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fratus
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I look at it as a hunter gets a brand new harpoon every time they go visit Pete as long as someone else doesn't have the current one attached to Pete's line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.