Subject: How does Philippos enter the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Pinner
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The box says he is in the generals pool, and rules for placement are printed on the card (they are not as far as I can see), and to use rule 26.1 Additional strategy cards. However, I can't see how any of these allow for replacement of a Carthaginian general.

Can anyone explain? He's a good general!

Many thanks

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, in Reinforcement Phase (6.1.1.) you can place Philip on the board. The special rule (on his card) says about Consular Army restrictions (6.5.).

So you need a stack of 5 or more CUs (Carthaginian of course) to place him on map. You must also remember, that Philip will be commanding General (exception - Hannibal).

So the key for Philip is need to find stack of 5 CUs (or more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pinner
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great, thanks.

So he is able to come in from turn two as a reinforcement (if playing the campaign game) - as long as there is a 5 CU stack and you're willing to manage consular army & seniority issues.

But I see your point about this - it's a bigger restriction than at first thought. While his ratings as a general look good, it's not that obvious where he would be best suited: Hanno's special ability in Africa is useful, Hasdrubal is probably more useful in Spain, Mago for Amphibious ops, and (if I understand correctly), stacking with Hannibal would still cause problems when they wanted to separate, as he'd require 5 CUs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
England
St Albans
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Not so easy. First you need to have the Macedonian Alliance in place and then meet the conditions listed on the back of Philippos' card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Marcus Antonius, but I'm still waiting for my copy...
Didn't realize that details are on the back of card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pinner
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not to worry, I should have noticed too.

Best

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.