Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently i got this game based on some reviews that i don't even remember, i just remember the words 'good' 'coop' 'deck building' and i was "yeah, i dont own one of those yet, let's check this out" and i did!

At first i almost felt like playing a legacy game "STOP, FOR YOUR FIRST GAME DO THIS AND THIS" but then i realized there were some pretty clear and awesome instructions for setup and playing your very first game, pretty cool, more companies should learn from this, but i had a very small issue with those instructions because they were not very clear on how to setup it for 1 player game, and i was learning it alone... so with the help with the rulebook i tweaked what i think was good and went for my first game.

But before going in to the first game, i read the rulebook AND OH OH WHAT IS THIS "you DO NOT SHUFFLE YOUR DECK" you know that feelling about having your cake and eating it too? Yeah i felt just that, 2 things i don't enjoy around deck builders are shuffling and setup, this game completely fix the shuffling! But the setup is basically the same as dominion, so yeah a bit of setup, but not a major issue.

First game vs diablo (can't remember this boss name)

From the first turn on i had a blast, preset hand, preset deck order, everything is cool and well ruled. But i was not prepared for what was about to come... having played dozens of deck builders i have a mindset about how to play this mechanism well and do well in the game... and then the game said "come here let me slap you a bit until you understand that YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ANY DB, THIS IS AEON'S END AND NOT AEON'S START" And then the tears started to fall, the diablo kept smacking the city down to the point i was like "yeah it was getting kind cold here, some fire is well deserved"

Game 1= lost like a noob that i am

Game 2 - The cheating of ages

I knew i was playing something wrong and i was right, i was right i am just a noob... and then i found the VARIANT FOR SOLO PLAYER OOOOOOOOWWWW YEAH! "instead of 3 player turn cards, use 4" This small change made the game go from "someone call my mom" to "diablo, go home and stop wasting my time" I slapped him around and had a good time doing so.

Game 3 - Team work works! Kind sort of sometimes but not today

Got my friend, another master of DBs (but remember master of DBs means nothing around this block of aeon's end). We fought diablo and smacked him around. Pretty good start for the day!

Game 4 - 2 heroes, 1 mask and more corruption than i can count

We choose any other boss and we choose crooked mask, at this point i did not realized he was a 5 difficulty boss. Things started pretty well, we had a pretty interesting pool of cards and my engine was starting and ops a corruption, not an issue i will jus-corruption... again? ok, now i will CORRUPTION STOP IT STOP IT CAN YOU JUST STOP ALREADY????? Yeah... lets just say corruption was an issue here...
I must say i loved the concept of this boss, he doesnt do anything, he corrupt you and let you destroy everything, pretty hilarious (not), and the shuffling part made me a bit sad, i wanted to live in the no shuffling paradise.

Game 5 - We (did not) learn our lessons

Another fight vs crooked mask... we lost and we lost bad. When we both had 1hp i was like "ooohhhh so thats how you fight this guy" and then we lost and i think we barely touched him hahahaha

Game 6 - Spiders are easy to crush, right? RIGHT?

We went vs the spider boss... 2 husks, kill, 2 husks kill, 10 husks OH WAIT WHAT JUST HAPPENED HERE! Yeah this boss was a good... experience, we were very much focused on killing the husks and then the level 3 cards started showing up and we got overrun with it. This boss has an AWWWESOME design, the husks are basically distraction, important distraction, and you must split your attention between them and the boss. Lets just say we killed a lot of husks and thats what matters, a destroyed world free of husks

Overall this game is pretty awesome, twists a few concepts in the deck building and each boss feels extremely different, and dont get me started on the breach mages and the spell system just a lot of goodness in here.

Now i just need to discover the game further and further and eventually i will probably dive in in some expansions, which the game has plenty of!

So if you are looking for an awesome cooperative Deckbuilder, look no further! Aeon's end is not a hidden gem at this points in time, but i feel a lot of people are missing out on this bad boy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thedaffodilfish
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome review. Loved it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Fowler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
This was a great read! I'd love to read more session reports from you.

Did you ever beat Crooked Mask? I've only played him once, in a 3 Player game, and we ONLY won due to a miraculously benevolent turn order at the end. We should have lost, for sure. A great game, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.