Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm trying to build up a slightly larger collection of minis to use for Gloomhaven, but dislike bases that don't match.

Does anyone have good recommendations for cheap parts to use for bases that will match the style closely? I'm fine if they're not exactly the same diameter, but similar height, vertical edges, smooth top, etc. Basically as aesthetically close as is around, since I'd like to spend my time painting and modding, not getting bases up to snuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Courtnay
United States
Gilbert
AZ
flag msg tools
That guy...
badge
This guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
You could look into getting some acrylic discs that are all the same size. Cut off the minis you want to use from their bases and glue them onto the new acrylic ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc M
msg tools
spiralingcadaver wrote:
So, I'm trying to build up a slightly larger collection of minis to use for Gloomhaven, but dislike bases that don't match.

Does anyone have good recommendations for cheap parts to use for bases that will match the style closely? I'm fine if they're not exactly the same diameter, but similar height, vertical edges, smooth top, etc. Basically as aesthetically close as is around, since I'd like to spend my time painting and modding, not getting bases up to snuff.

Look up either Games Workshop 25mm bases or Reaper Minature 25mm bases. They are usually very cheap if you want vanilla bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I didn't know that reaper did vertical-edged bases, those look like they'll work nicely; thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.