Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Wickersham
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone aware if the scenarios have any kind of campaign feel to it, like Imperial Assault, etc?

Or are all these standalone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wickershamb wrote:
Anyone aware if the scenarios have any kind of campaign feel to it, like Imperial Assault, etc?

Don’t really know. I wouldn’t be surprised if some are linked and tell a longer story. They did that a couple times in Conan. There won’t be things like leveling up though. Like Conan, you don’t level up Batman. He’s already Batman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Wickershamb wrote:

Don’t really know. I wouldn’t be surprised if some are linked and tell a longer story. They did that a couple times in Conan. There won’t be things like leveling up though. Like Conan, you don’t level up Batman. He’s already Batman.

They're based on stories from the comics, if I understand correctly, but each scenario is a standalone. Which I actually like. I have too many campaign games that are hard to play because I have a hard time getting the same group together repeatedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k c
msg tools
mbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
Wickershamb wrote:

You could level up Conan in the devil in iron campaign book. But it looks like all the add ons have been revealed for this Kickstarter, so I can't see it being added now (unless it's a stretch goal).

They'll probably do a mini KS later on, like they did with the book of set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Scavuzzo
msg tools
They have said in the kickstarter comment section there no campaign will be done from them, just single scenarios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let a contributor for the KS speak to that.

Matt John on Kickstarter comments wrote:
As for those asking about a campaign, we decided not to include one and focus rather on writing numerous, tight scenarios. These take a lot of time and testing and when you throw in elements such as progression with competitive game like this, it takes an incredibly delicate approach. That said, you all should know that the-overlord.net is our own Monolith administrated site where we provide plenty of tools and opportunities for fans.

You may not realize it but the community for Conan is quite active. Our French community is currently receiving the The Overlord Compendium volume 2 and the English are receiving the first.

These are compiled from the best of the fan scenarios and printed by Monolith and given to fans (who then only have to pay shipping). Inside the first, there is a mini campaign.

You can bet your Bat-belts that we will be doing something similar with Batman in the future. Also, I am personally contributing to and overseeing a community made campaign for Conan right now, which we'll be adding to the site. I'll probably be interested in doing something like that for the Dark Knight as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you can't level up Batman, there will be enough different versions of him to play scenarios in chronological order and feel how the character has developed over the years.

This is more interesting to me than numerical levelling, where the enemies usually just level up in lockstep with the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
While you can't level up Batman, there will be enough different versions of him to play scenarios in chronological order and feel how the character has developed over the years.

This is more interesting to me than numerical levelling, where the enemies usually just level up in lockstep with the heroes.

I'm mostly incline in thinking that scenario's links will be such has one more or less troop in next one, or more or less bat-Tools available, and such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Gamer
Singapore
singapore
singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We should suggest there be a scenarios type campaign with story.
A scenarios type campaign with Batman Zero year, till Year One!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pincumbe
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy2013 wrote:
We should suggest there be a scenarios type campaign with story.
A scenarios type campaign with Batman Zero year, till Year One!

I don't get a lot of the fan suggestions of this magnitude, honestly. Suggestions for an added on campaign or solo or coop mode, etc. I'm hoping what they're presenting at this point is a mostly finished product that needs to go into production. The more stuff like the aforementioned that would require a massive amount of design and playtest work that they add, the further they'll get away from their initial shipping estimates. I'm already experiencing this with the Sentinels of the Multiverse: Obliveon Kickstarter. I don't want it to be two years down the road and still waiting for them to get into printing because they added a tacked on campaign or different mode of gameplay that they don't really believe in, but just did due to popular demand.

Let's accept what they're offering and we agreed to pay for (if you're a backer like I am) and root for a well-produced, quickly delivered version of that. :-) (At least that's one Bat-fan's opinion - and coming from a guy who loves, loves, loves campaigns and coops, but is realistic about it being what it is).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a guess but I'm pretty sure they won't be allowed to.
Batman follows very specific narratives and board games scenarios will be ok as long as they don't try to tell a story of their own.
I kind of think that a license is more restrictive than we might think.
The Knight models game has a campaign but it strictly follows the video game.
I don't think it's just a coincidence.
I would be inclined to think that it's their story or no story.
Even though it would be just a basic one linking scenarios together. You would still need a plot.
Just a guess, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the scenarios will be playable as one-shots. But there will be a few that are linked, as in the Wayne Manor expansion. Bruce is attack in his home in one scenario. Then as he suits up on entering the Batcave, the fight continues in a second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.