13 Posts

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Are there any plans for anti-hero-heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I wonder if we will get to play the Gotham Sirens, Suicide Squad or Secret Six as a team vs other villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!! Please give us Catman!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
I wonder if we will get to play the Gotham Sirens, Suicide Squad or Secret Six as a team vs other villains.

[,
I believe this is the intent of the 1 vs 1 add-on mode. You can mix and match heros and villain on your squad, or do heroes vs heroes/Villians vs villains. I am not sure what the 8 scenarios for the 1 vs 1 mode, but I'm sure you can just play a skirmish if you want to. If not officially, I am sure some one will make a fan made skirmish scenario, maybe capture the flag, king of the hill, or a last man/woman/beast standing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um...am I the only one who views the brutal vigilante Batman as an anti-hero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
Yes!! Please give us Catman!!!

You mean this guy right?

Because I would totally love the Crimson Chin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
wamsp wrote:
Um...am I the only one who views the brutal vigilante Batman as an anti-hero?

In some incarnations Batman is a anti-hero. (The Vampire-Batman, or in the comics of the 40s)

He is not much diffferent to Superman. Even Superman is a vigilante. The people and authorities accept him, but what he does is nothing else. Superman's methods just don't work in Gotham. One reason why he was only a short time during No Man's Land in Gotham. And even in Gotham is Batman later mostly accepted.

More important, the modern version of Batman from the comics does not kill, tries even to prevent death of his enemies. He dedicates his whole life to fight crime and protect the weak. He cares about people, his friends and Gotham. He is loyal to his friends. He doesn't take pleasure in hurting people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Catwoman and Azrael already were anti-hero heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
KoalaXav wrote:

Yes, and please, the title is only part of the question, it is about Gotham Sirens, Suicide Squad or Secret Six playing as heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
I'd like to have Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:

Yes, and please, the title is only part of the question, it is about Gotham Sirens, Suicide Squad or Secret Six playing as heroes.

Batman's Allies and rouges gallery is so vast, I doubt they will get into those side groups. Although they would make for a great expansion in the future

You can Probably make a nice anti-hero group to play with in VS mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I think also that it is more likely that there will be more Gotham related characters. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:
I think also that it is more likely that there will be more Gotham related characters. :-)

Not if you.mean the tv series. Monolith has made clear they are only interested in adapting the comics of the last couple decades to keep a cohesive style. No movies, no tv, no cartoons, no video games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
No, no, no, I meant only Gotham City, not Gotham TV. :-)
I'm not unhappy that they use only the comics. But even the comics could be very different. Between Frank Millar, Jim Lee and Tim Sale are worlds. :-) But I love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.