BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon]- Steve Jackson Port Royal: $12.04 with free Prime Ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john greeb
United States
flag msg tools
mb

https://www.amazon.com/Steve-Jackson-Games-Royal-Board/dp/B0...

BGG link: Port Royal

Lowest Amazon according to CCC. About a $1 more at other online sites.

Caveats:
- SJG regrets producing this version: Discussion here- https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1941842/steve-jackson-g...

So price might drop further if they cut bait and unload inventory. Also, don't expect expansions to be ported to SJG version and the SJG version is apparently incompatible with the original expansions.

And one can get the original version for not much more than the current price of the SJG version.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICF0IMK/?tag=article-bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No expansion available or planned from SJG for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of bummed I bought the SJG version as they do not plan on adding the expansions (I guess never say never). I bit the bullet and ordered the expansion and the Pegasus Spiele version. Probably drop the SJG edition off at HPB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:
I am kind of bummed I bought the SJG version as they do not plan on adding the expansions (I guess never say never). I bit the bullet and ordered the expansion and the Pegasus Spiele version. Probably drop the SJG edition off at HPB

I traded all my PR content to a friend who will get more use out of it. Not an entirely dynamic game with only 2P, which is what I play. Good family game, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my Pegasus Spiele version a week ago, from overseas, through Amazon. Much prefer the cover, the ships without flags (easier to distinguish) and compatible with expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I played the SJG version at GenCon last year and then bought a copy. I was so excited to later find that the game had at least one expansion (I believe there are two and a standalone version that's a bit different). Anyway, I ordered the expansion and then found that it is not at all comparable with the new version. So, I ordered the original version so I could play with the expansion. I've looked at the newer expansion, but it seems very language dependent and I don't know much German.

Bummer that the expansions won't be available for the SJG version. At least it wasn't pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indy418 wrote:
Yeah, I played the SJG version at GenCon last year and then bought a copy. I was so excited to later find that the game had at least one expansion (I believe there are two and a standalone version that's a bit different). Anyway, I ordered the expansion and then found that it is not at all comparable with the new version. So, I ordered the original version so I could play with the expansion. I've looked at the newer expansion, but it seems very language dependent and I don't know much German.

Bummer that the expansions won't be available for the SJG version. At least it wasn't pricey.

Pegasus Spiele is planning on printing the last expansion in English soon (form what I have seen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa the Gnome
United States
West Allis
WI - Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prrt949 wrote:
Indy418 wrote:

Pegasus Spiele is planning on printing the last expansion in English soon (form what I have seen)

That's great news. It looked interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegasus spiel box is half the size of the Steve Jackson box? Steve Jackson box is 3x bigger than it needs to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The versions I had were dual language. The only thin you would be missing is an english title on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.