Nusfjord» Forums » General

Subject: Comparable Solo-variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Maiwald
msg tools
mbmb
Hello fellow fishermen,
I really enjoy playing solo games and seeing strategies for maxing points that others come up with. There is some interesting threads on this for Caverna for example.
Do you think there is a way to do something similar for Nusfjord?
Of course, the random element of buildings that come out for each game make the whole thing a bit tricky.

Maybe we just pick out the buildings we want from a deck? But that would open up a LOT of possibilities.
Maybe we agree on a certain selection of buildings to play with and compare scores that way?
Maybe we can come up with different "challenges" that give you a certain combination of buildings to play with and compare withing those.

I think the solo-mechanic of placing multiple workers and blocking action spaces for several rounds is very interesting. But I would enjoy comparing scores with some of you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo campaign, all buidings will enter play eventually. (Admittedly, there is a tiny chance that a couple of C buildings might not, but it's negligible.) You can, thus, compare solo campaign scores. They are still a little dependent on the order you see the buildings and the choices you make, but it's not all random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After having tried the campaign once, I know I will always play it in that way, solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
After having tried the campaign once, I know I will always play it in that way, solo.

The campaign is an excellent way to play.

If somebody wanted to run challenges like those on the Feast for Odin forum with a specific set of buildings and perhaps additional restraints that would be an interesting way to compare scores and Strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maibaum wrote:

Maybe we just pick out the buildings we want from a deck? But that would open up a LOT of possibilities.

We could do an optimization solo challenge for each of the decks? 1 solo game, not a campaign, and try to come up with a combination of A, B, and C buildings that give the highest score possible. It’s something people have done for Agricola. Log all your moves and the buildings you use so everyone can check your game.

I would be in for this, and can start a thread and geeklist if people are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.