Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen van Ooststroom
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy of the game in today!

Due to my OCD I generally stick with the same brand of card sleeves due to the minor differences if I use different brands. The FFG sleeves have my preference and generally has the sizes that I need, with the exception for the odd-sized cards of Friday and Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit. However, with the cards for Hannibal & Hamilcar the FFG Green (Standard American) the fit seems too tight and the FFG Purple (Standard European) the fit seems too loose. Which card sleeves are recommended for this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't the KS campaign have a recommendation/option for card sleeves? I could be mixing up my games, but I'd check the KS page first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Ooststroom
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your reply.

Looks like the kickstarter points to the Paladin card sleeves by NSKN Games (http://www.nskn.net/en2/paladin/paladin-sleeves-preorders/) but the preorders are closed now. However, I'll need 59 x 92 mm card sleeves. (FFG Green is 57 x 89 mm). Mayday seems to have the same size in their Premium line (90 microns just like the Paladin ones, whereas FFG is 105 microns). Close enough though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ordered the sleeves with my KS pledge, so I'm alright for sleeves. Is there some reason you don't want to or can't use the Paladin sleeves themselves? Are they not for sale commercially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
so is there a recommended size sleeve to get?

ffg and mayday as they seem easiest to find here in uk...

card seems to be 68mm x 88mm......what sleeves do I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used FFG Green... The fit is very tight, but it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Ooststroom
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marconi wrote:
I ordered the sleeves with my KS pledge, so I'm alright for sleeves. Is there some reason you don't want to or can't use the Paladin sleeves themselves? Are they not for sale commercially?

I have tried different brands in the past but I got annoyed by the tiny differences when using them within the same game. (As for instance I couldn't remember which brand I used for which game and an expansion got added to the collection.) Therefore I just picked a brand that at that time was readily available to me and was of good quality which turned out to be the FFG ones.

I can't order the Paladin ones at the moment. I ordered the Mayday ones now, but they haven't arrived yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van Ooststroom
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaxte wrote:

I wanted to use FFG Green as well and tried them initially for this game. But as you mentioned it is a very tight fit. The cards bend slightly within those sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
oosie wrote:
Kaxte wrote:

I wanted to use FFG Green as well and tried them initially for this game. But as you mentioned it is a very tight fit. The cards bend slightly within those sleeves.

Put a weight for a couple of hours over the deck and sleeved cards will be flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
Picture here: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/4017641/hannibal-hamilcar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/166632/item/3428477#item3...

I added my findings there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Lari
Italy
Rimini
(RN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS: Paladin too tight (italian edition) and 6 sleeves are missing for the expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.