Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Kanngiesser
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My daughter and son-in-law showed me this variant last night.

Play is essentially the same as normal however there is a 10 minute timer. After 10 minutes are up then everyone starts taking damage at the start of their turn. 1 damage the first time, 2 the second, etc.

I won twice by knocking out everyone else and my wife won once through points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
mb
a) Seems unnecessary
b) Seems very exploitable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kanngiesser
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Of course it's not necessary... no variants are. It's simply another way to play that speeds things up and changes the dynamics.

Is it exploitable? A little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda like the idea. This would possibly work well in my game club, so that more players could play among a revolving set of players. It's supposed to be a fast game already, unless you get 5 or 6 players at it. Then it kinda drags [for such a light game], in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kanngiesser
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A normal game can drag... and if you have a larger group this will lessen the amount of time people who lose have to sit and watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eliard wrote:
Of course it's not necessary... no variants are. It's simply another way to play that speeds things up and changes the dynamics.

Is it exploitable? A little.

Some variants are necessary to make the game (more) fun or even playable. This variant is unnecessary because it does not add anything positive to the game, for me at least. It may shorten the game (not necessarily a good thing if the game is fun) but makes it less fun.

Nice to share, but it definitely isn't for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.