Popular Tags: [View All]
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally missed out on it the first time around.

Look s like a lot of fun.

Im surprised it doesn't have a bigger presence on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great, tons of replayability and cool mini's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

Glad to hear of your excitement!We've put a lot of work into this game. The word of mouth is growing. That's what its going to take to build a strong presence for a young company and their first game on BGG. Like starting this conversation! Just had a great preview from ManvsMeeple. I'm going to have the video up on our BGG page soon, you can also check it out on Youtube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely check it out tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a very early version of this before the first KS - it was a lot of fun back then and they've only made it better over the last year. Where else can you find a dungeon crawler with a gun totin samurai teamed up with a bovine heavy weapons platform?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Bresnahan
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like everything about this. The theme, the combination of minis & standees, the play area. However, I just couldn't get past the super huge character sheets and what seems like a lot of dice chucking. It's like flashbacks to everything I loved/hated about Shadows of Brimstone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Ackerson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
publisher
www.sentientcowgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants to check out the rule book or read more about the game check out our press release.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28435784#28435784
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The character sheets were to feed the theme. They are top secret file folders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astroplayer Gamer
msg tools
mb
Watched this on the Facebook live stream by Michael Wright, the Unfiltered Gamer and the game creators.

No down time and lots of freedom to do what you want. Felt like I was playing there with them and that's something I don't always feel when watching a play.

It's the most exciting coop I've seen in a long time. It's a clever game design too with an immersive theme, engaging back stories, great AI on the enemies and quality components. Lots of replayability. Extremely LOL humorous.

The art work is incredibly good. Kudos to the artist.

I can’t wait to get this into my life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Ackerson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
publisher
www.sentientcowgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Astroplayer!

We have worked really hard to make this a fun and unique game and your comments warm our hearts!

If anyone else wants to check out the FB live play with Michael (Unfiltered Gamer) here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/URandG/videos/556315118081456/

Thanks to everyone for their support so far! Please give us a look and reach out to us with any questions you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernanda Gomes
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm also surprised this game isn't getting more buzz - every review I've seen of it has been overwhelmingly positive (both professional reviewers & people who got a chance to play it at conventions).

I was really impressed with the playthrough videos I watched. The Theme is so well done & the gameplay is so smooth. I really want to see this get funded! I know there is a big audience for this, I'm just not sure why they aren't finding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calli Welsch
United States
California
flag msg tools
Woo! I got to play this live on the Unfiltered Gamer live stream, and it is so much fun! I love the little quirks, and how powerful my character(s) were getting by the end there. I love how it combines both collaboration (working together through the dungeon crawl) and competition (I want that kill so I can level up!). Keep up the awesome work, Sentient Cows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Strach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I too cannot wait to play this game! The attraction for me is the sheer originality of it. Its different and humorous. The tower is gimmicky but I like it. It works for this game. The characters are awesome and there is always the lurking danger of the man in black. I can't wrap my head around how all the other games on kickstarter are so successful being that they all seem so similar and lackluster. All seem to have their version of some Chutulu character and chucking cubes with assanine rules for negations and additions. This game just seems downright fun. Basically doing what all ganes were meant to do. I can't wait to get into that base to see what I find and hope to run into Elvis along the way. Of course, Sasquatches are just as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernanda Gomes
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At first glance I thought the tower was a bit gimmicky too. Then I realised not only was it a perfect fit for the theme, but the 2 sided floor plans allow for multiple length scenarios as well as keeping the gaming table a bit neater with all of the other game components.

It does look pretty cool too :-) I also remember reading it was a one time assembly for the supports & a spacer will be included in the box so the supports can fit back in without having to take them apart again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally jazzed about the gameplay references to other properties on the cards.

Looking at the material on the website, I noticed quite a few spelling and punctuation errors.

I really hope these get fixed.
I expect some errors when translating from other languages to English, but everything I see says you're in Los Angeles.
What scale will the miniatures be please?
Also, which company will be doing the manufacturing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Ackerson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
publisher
www.sentientcowgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stephen for pointing out the errors on the website. They will be fixed and our web designer contacted. My husband's father is an English teacher and I can hear him uncapping his red pen from 3000 miles away as I type.

I'm glad you are jazzed about the gameplay references to the other properties! What is it you like best?

The miniatures will be 38mm for the smallest. Some will be slightly taller.

For manufacturing I have my top 4 picks at this point (and I have quoted with about 14 manufacturers). They are all top tier and have major titles under their belts. I don't want to say who the finalist is yet as they all have great things to offer but at the end of the day it will come down to their quality of production, MOQ (costing), reliability, and communication.

Thanks for your interest in our game, we really appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for popping tall, Donna!

Another question Donna, Set in New Mexico, is it DulCHAY, or the Anglicised DulSAY? I haven't been able to see.
Raylock could be any old guy, but in behavior seems rather Frosty and Peggy.
Amelia Earhart has been all over the news this week, but has always been a popular American Hero.
The cards for Bidy, Bidy, Bidy....DIE!, My Giant Rabbit Friend, We Come in Peace are great.

The card Is That My Dead Body? hearkens back to West End Games' FANTASTIC Paranoia RPG, also indicates a great mechanic, and reveals storyline. THE PLAYERS MAY NOT HAVE ESCAPED BEFORE!

Is there a pic of the prototype miniatures with other companies' miniatures for scale comparison? Many of us like to mashup games, and while this is already a bit of a mashup, I might be using that dusty Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster terrain for this besides Zombicide: Invader and Shadows of Brimstone: Other Worlds – Derelict Ship.

If you're using one of the same manufacturers as Zombicide, then great. If you're using one that was used for Shadows of Brimstone, well, there are quality issues with the plastic.

My grown kid loves deckbuilders, but her boyfriend and I hate them.
My wife only plays when the kids make her.
I am aware that this will get mostly solo play, like the boxed games already referenced
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread should be in the crowdfunding subforum, not general.

Also, there are several new users with no history on BGG popping in to gush about the KS campaign. I count three, at least one of whom's account links to a website that hosts a habitual KS previewer that has their endorsement video prominently featured on the KS page. To me it looks rather astroturfing-ish. Although, to be fair, the OP and several other posters are not new users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Most of the comments on here are from old guard. Why so tribal? New people aren't supposed to come to BGG and comment about games they just discovered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Geek City USA just listed Secret Unknown Stuff: Escape from Dulce as top 5 Kick starters of March. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCCB2kFkHRk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Lorton
United States
Alton
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing keeping me from backing it at the full game level is the price point. I would REALLY love to own this, but I made a promise to my wife that I wouldn't pay over $50.00 for a board game. Besides, I know a ton of people that I could whip this out for and they would eat it up. Really looking forward to seeing this get fully funded, because I can't wait for it to hit tables.

Also, I usually don't care for dungeon crawlers, but the sci-fi theme helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Zach, thanks for the interest in Dulce. Here's a little secret unknown somthing, we are about to add something to the base game to address the price issue and give back to our loyal cows. The only fall back is that your wife is going to be angry when you end up backing us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donna Ackerson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
publisher
www.sentientcowgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a pic of the prototype miniatures with other companies' miniatures for scale comparison? Many of us like to mashup games, and while this is already a bit of a mashup, I might be using that dusty Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster terrain for this besides Zombicide: Invader and [thing=181563][/thing wrote:

If you're using one of the same manufacturers as Zombicide, then great. If you're using one that was used for Shadows of Brimstone, well, there are quality issues with the plastic.

My grown kid loves deckbuilders, but her boyfriend and I hate them.
My wife only plays when the kids make her.
I am aware that this will get mostly solo play, like the boxed games already referenced

I will put up a link to some mini scale images in a little bit for you to see.

I do not see Shadows of Brimstone on the lists the manufactures have for games they have produced and I know CMON was just touring one of them (for a current project or for a future one I do not know).

We have had people sit down at conventions who thought this game was not their "cup of tea" but wanted to give it a shot. Many came back the next day hoping to play again because they had so much fun and are supporting the campaign now! If they give it a shot you may not have to solo it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sawyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.