Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karefa Kargbo
United States
McLean
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I've got everything for Cosmic Encounter up until this point (except the Demon Promo), and while it does all fit, my complex system of plastic bags makes setting it up and tearing it down a drag. I was hoping that one of the unofficial inserts would be able to help with that, but I've heard that most of them have problems when you have all the expansions. Do any of you guys know one that fits everything? If it helps, I don't sleeve my cards at all, so that should make it easier to get it to fit. Thanks!

P.S: If someone wants to let me know how to get a Demon Promo, that would also be very appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in the same boat... Subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use tuckboxes for the cards. I usually make them myself - cardstock paper, a ruler, scissors, and glue.

Ziplock bags for the ships and tokens. One bigger bag for the planets.

(OK, "Zip-lock" is a trademarked brand name. What I'm really using is generic sealable plastic bags.)

Try using the "snack size" bags. They're wider and not as deep so they have a larger opening than the tall, narrow ones game publishers usually put in their games for some dumb reason. You can get a box of 50 of them at your nearby 99-cent store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starbuck
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own this, but it was mentioned on the Cosmic Encounter facebook group the other day. Supposedly it fits all of the expansions.

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/cosmic-organizer/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Broken Token wooden insert is awesome for Cosmic Encounters. I have 4 expansions, and it fits everything neatly into the box with room to spare.

It also speeds set-up and packing away when done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Selle
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recommend the Broken Token insert.
Just be aware of that it only supports 5 expansions. It will not hold the Alien cards for all 6 expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hall
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to echo the Broken Token insert. That's what I use and it fits everything from all 6 expansions except for ~25-30 alien sheets. I just did some research into the what are generally considered the worst powers (mostly for player enjoyment purposes, not actual power strength) plus powers that don't really work in my group, and culled those from the deck. I just stored them in an expansion box in my closet in case I ever change my mind and want to bring one back out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A little modification to the Broken token will mostly fit everything:

A cardboard corner will hold the overflowing Alien Power sheets:

And removing the planet organizer will make room for the planets and the other small cards, dials and misc stuff.

The photos above show an almost fully sleeved (small cards unsleeved) collection with all available expansions (no promos)

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Vågehed
Sweden
Malmo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all cards including aliens sleeved.
I have all aliens in three expansion boxes (in alphabetic order).
All cards in tuckboxes and player/colourstuff in zipbag each. All cosmic tokens in zipbag all other tokens in another.
Easy to setup, easy to put away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.