Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Weis
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.multi-ball23.com/1.1/dungeon-degenerates.html

Update: I made some changes to improve the speed of loading, as well as changing the URL (as seen above). As before, if anything isn't working as it should, let me know, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Hey fellow degenerates, I hope everyone is having a great time keeping the Hand of Doom at bay. One of my favorite things about the game is that it does a great job of blending RPG elements into a boardgame, and eliminating the need for a dungeon master (or whatever other term you prefer for them).

I decided to try making a simple app to help players progress through the missions, in a hope to further hide the strings, or push the man further behind the curtain.

In it's current incarnation, it's a little slower in loading than I'd like it to be, but I'll be addressing that with the next update. I did use some methods to make it usable on screens of various sizes, though smaller mobile phones may require some zooming or squinting.

Please feel free to let me know if anything isn't working like it should, any typos, or other general fudge-ups, as well as any other suggestions to improve on it.

Thank you Eric, Sean, Katie and everyone involved in making this fantastic game, and my current healthy obsession!

• [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dungeon Degenerates Mission web app
Baronkarza23 wrote:
Please feel free to let me know if anything isn't working like it should, any typos, or other general fudge-ups, as well as any other suggestions to improve on it.

It looks beautiful!

Can you tell us which font you used?

About the large SVG files: i downloaded one (visions2.svg) and all it contains is a 2.6MB encoded bitmap image. Those files would serve faster if you'll serve them as JPGs or PNGs (whatever format was embedded in the SVG), as those file sizes will be much smaller than the same thing encoded in an extra level of SVG. It also seems that visions2.svg is being downloaded twice: once via the index page and once via XHR from jquery. The browser cache can't intercept the jquery-invoked one because that happens while the first fetch of visions2.svg is still downloading. i can only assume that something similar is happening on the other pages, but i didn't continue to poke around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weis
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you Stephan!

The font is Dominican.

Yes, everything is in an SVG, originally from PNG, giving me the ability to make easily scaled links, while still being able to use an uncommon font, as well as the DD icons throughout.

I'll have to admit to being still a bit of a novice, so some of your observations are a bit out of my pay grade, at the moment. As it is now, I've built this in my existing wordpress page, but I'm thinking in it's next version, it might be better as a desktop/mobile app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Incredible work. Can't wait to use this the next time I play the game.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weis
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb

Update: I made some changes to improve the speed of loading, as well as changing the URL (as seen above). As before, if anything isn't working as it should, let me know, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat E. Cakes
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kickass bud. If you are ever in Portland, OR..........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghiolekk Mag
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
Just tested it. It shines man, congrats for your effort.
I guess the Other tab will host homebrew missions.''intrigued''...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weis
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mb
patrickstockton wrote:
kickass bud. If you are ever in Portland, OR..........

As a matter of fact, I live in Portland, in the Raleigh Hills neighborhood.

Ghiolekk wrote:
Just tested it. It shines man, congrats for your effort.
I guess the Other tab will host homebrew missions.''intrigued''...

That was my thinking in adding the Other section. As DD:HoD builds in popularity, I look forward to seeing it build a wealth of fan-created content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.