Batman: Gotham City Chronicles» Forums » General

Subject: Black-cover-art box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was kind of bummed out when I saw the cover art on the boxes, I realy hope that they will give us another add-on with the Black cover art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have it as the default cover but I wouldn't pay to have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qumad Al-Riyf
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PEdorido wrote:

I was hoping more in the lines of another unannounced expansion could have this cover art, or a box to store all the Stretch Goals that don't fit in the two Core boxes etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qumad wrote:
PEdorido wrote:

I was hoping more in the lines of another unannounced expansion could have this cover art, or a box to store all the Stretch Goals that don't fit in the two Core boxes etc.

All SGs are going in the two core boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been lovin' on this game long enough ( loved batmobile, et al ), but time to agree with some feedback on what could be different. I don't care for the cover art of the boxes at all, really. I so love what the OP posted and along those lines - mild horror imagery, something "artful", not just slick comic booky art as what the covers show now. I'm sure more and more Batman fans hit the scene every day, but a HUGE portion of comic fans are much older now and have a grown up ( rated R, if you will ) aesthetic. Not saying it should be a bloody mess, but something abstract, dark but mild with subtext, not in your face. Alas, I'm just one voice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah not a fan myself. But I’m not a fan of most game boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Race
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry but I disagree here... the box art is beautifully done by David Finch - an actual comic book artist. I think it would have been a huge missed opportunity if they didn't use all of that real estate on the box to do exactly what they did w/ the box. It reminds me a lot of the Jim Lee heroes and villains lineup artwork he did for the Hush story arc:

Some of my favorite comic book artwork. Of course you're entitled to your own opinion but that generic box art above is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Miller
United States
Easton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too was a fan of the placeholder art. Very Classy and premium looking to me. My option would be to have the "Hero" Box to have the Batman logo art on the outside and what is currently the cover art on the inside. The "Villian" box would have the Arkham Asylum insignia on the cover and the current cover on the inside.

In the end it does not negatively effect my opinion of the game as far as purchasing it goes. As long as it plays well, I'll easily get over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the core box as it is.
The expansions boxes, not so much.
Not that they are not good but they just don't match with the core box.
It's not the same spirit.

Even though I like the black box, it looks way too much like what we expected from the movies. It has been seen a gazillion times already.
The current box is more in line with the comics and it's refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what about using the black art as a sleeve that fits around the hero and the villain boxes holding them together as one?

Then you get the best of both worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
I totally disagree, I would not change the cool covers with the lame one from the first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roolz wrote:

50 Shades of Black
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.