Subject: Combo black character *SPOIL* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thibault ANTOINE
France
flag msg tools
Hi,

i have a question about Something :

the black character can get an character's ability : "you can spend resource instead of gold when you use a building".

One of his building is : "spend 2 gold : you earn 2 resources + 2 VP"

So, you can use 2 gold, earn 2 resources + 2VP at your turn, and next turn use these 2 resources to get 2 resources + 2VP and next turn ...

Is it allowed because you can get a lot of VP, right ?

Thanks for your answer,

Kazhar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is correct interpretation.

You would have to spend another turn to get 2 coins, and later in the game I think there is a building that allows you to do that. Maybe another black building in fact that gives you 2 coins. So that would be 3 turns for 4 VP.

If that building has been built over, you would have to spend at most 2 turns to get the 2 cold. That is 4 turns for 4 VP.

Meanwhile, other players can focus on finishing the game, with building buildings and opening crates with certainly more points per turn if I recall correctly.

Sure, you can farm points like that, but it is not the best strategy I would say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maccio Capatonda
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO this is an allowed play. I don't know if this can win a game, in my next game I'll check if the winner will have more than 2 points/turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault ANTOINE
France
flag msg tools
With this combo, you earn 2VP each turn.

Your character's ability allows to spend resources instead of gold when you use building.

So, when i use building, i earn "2 resources + 2VP" and i can use th├Ęses resources to use building again, and again, and again ... every turn.

(Or i miss Something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a valid combo - the Persona is the Alchemist, and the building is the Perfumery. Once you have the combo going it is indeed 2 VP per turn,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
And even more if you have the VP friend for charter. Cat(s) would also boost it to, but regular workers work better, because...

With regular workers you can bump your own worker back ad naseum, and do it until someone else ended the game. Boring but functional. 2VP per turn isn't bad, but there are more efficient VP combos/generators out there, so it isn't broken.

At the least, the player doing that combo would want to mix in some other actions as well (such as opening crates etc), otherwise they will be missing out some some potential end game points, not to mention if they are using the same Persona over and over they won't be marking any others as used (hence also a loss of end game VP)
tho there are ways to use multiple Persona per game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibault ANTOINE
France
flag msg tools
Ok, thanks you for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler for the Advancement card type marked by a Heart:

You can improve the combo if you get the Black Charter friend for VPs, to get 3VP every turn. I'm still not sure it's a broken amount but given it (a) doesn't require any pause turns for retrieving workers and (b) doesn't have any way of stopping it via other players, it's certainly a tactic to consider.

Just a really, really boring tactic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maccio Capatonda
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
Spoiler for the Advancement card type marked by a Heart:

You can improve the combo if you get the Black Charter friend for VPs, to get 3VP every turn. I'm still not sure it's a broken amount but given it (a) doesn't require any pause turns for retrieving workers and (b) doesn't have any way of stopping it via other players, it's certainly a tactic to consider.

Just a really, really boring tactic.

I totally forgot this opportunity...
I think this way you can really win a game, but I agree with you: this is very boring and, as somebody said yet, this way you will not improve your charter, and this isn't a good thing for the rest of the campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Gudmundsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah you are right, didn't read it fully.

But yeah, this is allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever you do, get a minion on that building asap. It can become a hot spot for others to play on. And as others have stated, if you get the right cards (and you would be wise to get one in particular asap anyway), it can become a minimum 3 VP play every time.

I played the black charter and this was my most played upon building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.