Subject: Cragheart: Heaving Swing vs flying monster rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we played this right - Heaving Swing let's Cragheart push a monster into an obstacle. If you do so you destroy the obstacle and the monster suffers 2 damage. I did this to a Living Spirit but as I read the card the flying ability has nothing to do with not being able to activate the ability. If it was a physical monster I'd assume he pounds it into the rock, it only seems a bit weird because it's a spirit...

Did we play this right or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
Gutripper wrote:
I hope we played this right - Heaving Swing let's Cragheart push a monster into an obstacle. If you do so you destroy the obstacle and the monster suffers 2 damage. I did this to a Living Spirit but as I read the card the flying ability has nothing to do with not being able to activate the ability. If it was a physical monster I'd assume he pounds it into the rock, it only seems a bit weird because it's a spirit...

Did we play this right or wrong?

The wording as is is going your way.

But I'm pretty sure having seen a FAQ entry or thread that says that flying monsters don't take dammages from exploding obstacles.

I can't find it and so I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
You played it right. From the FAQ:
Quote:
Heaving Swing (Card 117):
The top attack effect works on flying enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Stefan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wester van Urk
msg tools
kornetmuse wrote:
But I'm pretty sure having seen a FAQ entry or thread that says that flying monsters don't take dammages from exploding obstacles.

You're thinking of a different ruling. One of the Level 2 Cragheart cards, Explosive Punch, lets you destroy an obstable and attack all enemies adjacent to the obstacle. It was clarified that a flying enemy on top on the obstacle doesn't count as adjacent (a bit of a weird picture but clear from the rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kornetmuse kornetmuse
France
flag msg tools
Cogitor wrote:
kornetmuse wrote:

You're thinking of a different ruling. One of the Level 2 Cragheart cards, Explosive Punch, lets you destroy an obstable and attack all enemies adjacent to the obstacle. It was clarified that a flying enemy on top on the obstacle doesn't count as adjacent (a bit of a weird picture but clear from the rules).

Yeah you're right. It must have been this that I had in mind .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.