7 Posts

Rise to Nobility» Forums » Rules

Subject: stone council and dice placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rom aiR
France
flag msg tools
I went through my first solo play yesterday and I really enjoyed it, the automa is really well done, the game is tight and puzzly as I like! But I have a few questions:

Can we play with the event cards even in a solo play?

In a 3+ players game, can you place more than one of your dice in a guild in a single round?

In solo and multi player games, how many dice (yours or total) can you place in the stone council? I see there's a limitation in the guild slots depending on the number of players, but I'm not sure that the stone council is considered as a guild?

I'm very surprise that coins don't count for VP at the end as it does for many boardgames. I ended my game with a lot of gold and couldn't do much with it.. Any tips or strategy to deal with it? Or maybe better, an explanation from the designer about this choice whistle

Thanks for your answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Delp
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Guilds -- a different number of slots are available depending on the player count. There's no restriction on who can use those slots. If there are 2 slots available, the same player could place 2 dice in the Guild (on different turns of course).

The Stone Council is not a Guild. The dice you place in the Stone Council go on the tile spot (not the 3 spots on the left side). Any number of dice can go in the Stone Council as long as the players can meet all the requirements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom aiR
France
flag msg tools
Thank you Melissa for your quick and very clear answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that ending with money is a trap. I think this is deliberate to force you to the Stone Council and/or to build workshops / community buildings. It does means the game does seem to have phases - early phase focus on money for houses for your settlers, then build out resources, then to buildings and the stone council. But then most worker placement games have a form of built in sequencing to them as you develop your holdings.

The money can be useful in the stone Council, and building things gets you nobility which also gets you VPs. You can also use money to buy resources at the guilds, which are worth 1 VP for two at the end, or one VP each if you can use them when you settle folk to your town.

I guess the point is once you have money for your settlers houses, use what you have for buildings unless you need to keep it for the stone council. At least that is my approach at this admittedly early stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vojkan Krstevski
Macedonia
Skopje
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Our intent for the end game scoring was to reward efficiency. In other words, to incentivize the players to spend them during the game, for Settlers, buildings, Stone council...

However we still wanted to add some end game scoring that will make the ending more tense. The compromise was to score only the Goods, not the coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom aiR
France
flag msg tools
Thank you for your answer vojkan.
Great game by the way, congratulation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vojkan Krstevski
Macedonia
Skopje
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks! Really happy to hear you are enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.