Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like JGG says in his video, having 2 teams makes that at any given point, half of the people are just waiting for the other half.

So, instead, play it as a free for all.

- Give everybody a pen & paper.
- Write down the list of all players name on your paper.
- Draw 6 cards and lay them down on the table.
- Find a way to mark them from 1 to 6 (using six d6 is a good idea).
- Now everybody draw a clue card.
- Everybody select a picture card and note the number on their paper without showing it to other players.
- Now select a first player and he gives his clue.
- Everybody note on their paper next to that player name which card they think it is.
- Then you continue to do the same for the second player and so on.
- When everybody has given their clue, people score 1 point for every clue they guessed correct and 1 point for every players that guessed their clue correct.
- Play X amount of rounds, the winner is the player with the most points.

That way, everybody are always involved into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul King
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
Hmmm... that makes it start to sound like a different game.. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King2193 wrote:
Hmmm... that makes it start to sound like a different game.. whistle

Yeah I know (Dixit), but there are still some differences.

- Same 6 cards for everybody vs each their own card
- Clue card vs no clue card
- Wanting the maximum of players to find your card vs wanting only 1 person to find it.
- Muse artwork > Dixit artwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyles Breecher
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Here's a quote from a variant thread made by the designer to address this issue:

Jordan Sorenson wrote:
Hey all,

I wanted to share with you a (non-official) variant I use for Muse whenever I am playing with friends who are more adverse to downtime. This variant doesn't change any rules so it should integrate seamlessly with normal play you are used to.

----------------------------------------------
Instead of only one team picking an Inspiration and Masterpiece at a time, all teams in play will be doing so separately. Once all teams have made their selection, they will give the chosen inspiration, masterpiece, and other 5 unused masterpieces to the left-most team's muse. Once all muses have given clues to their teams, going clock-wise starting with the team with the least amount of points (or in case of a tie, the team with the youngest player), team guesses are made and points are scored.

First team to 5 wins, just like usual.
----------------------------------------------

Since everything is happening at once, I definitely recommend you become familiar with the as written procedure of game play first before you dive into this variant. But, if your group can handle it, this variant speeds up play pretty quickly and can reduce any fatigue of downtime your group may be experiencing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.