Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Reallignment rolls rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
This just happened to me during a game of Twilight Struggle. The rules of reallignment rolls if i happen to be correct are:

- You select a card for the operations value
- For each point of ops you can chose a target for your reallignment roll
- There has to be opponent influence in target country
- Both players roll a die and the difference is removed in influence from target country
- Reallignment adjustments +1 are : Roller's country is adjacent to his superpower (USSR or USA), more influence in target country is +1 and adjacent controlled countries cause +1 per adjacent controlled country for roller.

So i had arab- israeli war card of 2 influence. I chose South Africa for my reallignment and succeeded the first roll. And... that was it? I thought i had two reallignment rolls or is the official rule that once a reallignment roll succeeds you are done with realligning?
I wasn't under influence of Red Scare at all, i double checked for this and it doesn't say anywhere in the rulebook that once a reallignment roll succeeds, you cant use the other points of your OPS anymore for new targets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
You have the rules right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:
This just happened to me during a game of Twilight Struggle. The rules of reallignment rolls if i happen to be correct are:

- Both players roll a die and the difference is removed in influence from target country
- Reallignment adjustments +1 are : Roller's country is adjacent to his superpower (USSR or USA), more influence in target country is +1 and adjacent controlled countries cause +1 per adjacent controlled country for roller.

So i had arab- israeli war card of 2 influence. I chose South Africa for my reallignment and succeeded the first roll. And... that was it? I thought i had two reallignment rolls or is the official rule that once a reallignment roll succeeds you are done with realligning?
I wasn't under influence of Red Scare at all, i double checked for this and it doesn't say anywhere in the rulebook that once a reallignment roll succeeds, you cant use the other points of your OPS anymore for new targets?

You have the rules correct. It sounds like you are playing the app version. My guess is that once you realigned South Africa there was not another valid target for your second realign attempt, so your turn was ended. If you had failed to remove all influence in your first attempt, you would have been given a second shot at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
DownriverRick wrote:
MichielTummers wrote:

You have the rules correct. It sounds like you are playing the app version. My guess is that once you realigned South Africa there was not another valid target for your second realign attempt, so your turn was ended. If you had failed to remove all influence in your first attempt, you would have been given a second shot at it.

i think there was not a valid target anymore due to defcon restrictions indeed!! I was going for control in each country SOrry, im embarrassed that i missed this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:
DownriverRick wrote:
MichielTummers wrote:

i think there was not a valid target anymore due to defcon restrictions indeed!! I was going for control in each country SOrry, im embarrassed that i missed this

No problem, something like that is easy to miss. You were a victim of your own success! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Tummers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
DownriverRick wrote:
MichielTummers wrote:
DownriverRick wrote:
MichielTummers wrote:

No problem, something like that is easy to miss. You were a victim of your own success! surprise

true I can't stop thinking about this game anymore, about the depth it has, the strategy and how wonderfully it is designed. It makes me don't want to play any other game anymore, they make no sense to me anymore. Is this a normal thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MichielTummers wrote:

true I can't stop thinking about this game anymore, about the depth it has, the strategy and how wonderfully it is designed. It makes me don't want to play any other game anymore, they make no sense to me anymore. Is this a normal thing?

Normal, no, but with something as good as Twilight Struggle it can happen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Tolman
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After TS, many other games pale in comparison, although it is good to relax and play something for sheer fun at times, like Ethnos...much less complex area control!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.