Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ranged attack disadvantage and doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Parfitt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
If a ranged attacker is adjacent to a target would they move to a door hex to avoid disadvantage if the door space was their only option. And by door hex, I mean would they open a door and reveal a new room. I don't see why they wouldn't, but that wouldn't make me feel great about about how we played scenario two last night...

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters cannot open doors. IIRC they treat them as walls until the door is opened (via player or special scenario rules). So in your case, they would just have to attack with disadvantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Zappala
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
bcparfitt wrote:
If a ranged attacker is adjacent to a target would they move to a door hex to avoid disadvantage if the door space was their only option. And by door hex, I mean would they open a door and reveal a new room. I don't see why they wouldn't, but that wouldn't make me feel great about about how we played scenario two last night...

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Rulebook page 14:
"when a CHARACTER moves onto a door tile... flip/open the door"

MONSTERS do not open doors, only characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Parfitt
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Great! We played that part correct then. Appreciate the fast response sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.