Subject: Tracking Plays? Quest Log? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
My apologies for creating a thread that has been the subject of some previous threads, but I am having trouble finding what I am looking for and I am hoping to start a new conversation with current information.

I am a new player and I am looking for a method for tracking my plays. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I stumbled across an online quest log but I failed to bookmark the page and now I can't seem to locate it. I am also open to a spreadsheet tracker if there is a good one available.

Thoughts and suggestions? How do you track your plays? (If you do).

Thanks for any help.

On a side note, I am really enjoying this game. I have the core set, the first two adventure packs and the first Hobbit saga expansion. I have only played the first two scenarios in the core set (multiple times) and it has been a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Coman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use this site (Collection->Your Plays). Yes, it's a fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick plug for my tracker in the files section (if only because feedback would be cool).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo
Brazil
Águas Claras
Brasilia / DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I log on BGG within the entry for the core set. I add information of the heroes, quest, "result" and deck reference. If you like to see, just check the link here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CD
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use that Microsoft excel linked above by Ted. That thing is perfect for it. Gives you slots for all the Oncor, organizes it well, and has the formula already put in it to auto calculate your score, if you care to keep track of deck scores.

I use it, and feel it’s quite good for the purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
I log each play turn-by-turn in a markdown file with a collection of vi macros and map! commands to reduce the number of keystrokes, and save the file to a github repo as part of a middlemanapp static site generator. Works pretty good. Currently working on Into the Pit, would be happy to share the macros.

And I add a log entry here as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the bgstats App for iOS. It costs, but it has a lot of cool features and is very comfortable and stable. It shares info with BGG two-ways, gives you statistical data (win ratio, etc.) and allows for adding comments.

I usually only log my score, I calculate it by the formula on the back of the rulebook using the built in calculator of the app for adding and substracting. Then I add a comment which scenario I played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bradley
United States
Toms River
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mtngrown wrote:
I log each play turn-by-turn in a markdown file with a collection of vi macros and map! commands to reduce the number of keystrokes, and save the file to a github repo as part of a middlemanapp static site generator. Works pretty good. Currently working on Into the Pit, would be happy to share the macros.

And I add a log entry here as well.

I'd be interested in seeing this, if you weren't joking, ha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
tim-pelican wrote:
Quick plug for my tracker in the files section (if only because feedback would be cool).

Awesome work on this! But I play two-handed solo and this is designed for one-handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Seidman
United States
Monterey
California
flag msg tools
https://tools.fantasyflightgames.com/lotrquestlog/#/home this is the official one. It requires an Asmodee login and only includes quests up to Treason of Saruman, which was released in 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.