Jesse Black
msg tools
Let's assume Monolith goes on to create the foremost greatest DC games in all of existence. I have some examples below of what I think would be very cool DC games. I've created this post because I absolutely love DC (don't wince right now, but I love them more than Marvel), and I don't think there are that many great DC games in existence (from the ones I've played). Batman is going bonkers. No way DC studios sees this and doesn't grant them the license again. What games would you want to see them create?

1. A small expansion/stand alone game that is set in the Green Arrow universe that is compatible with GCC. This same idea would also be great with the Batman Beyond universe.
2. I'd love to see a DC game that is similar to Imperial Assault. You're the Justice League Unlimited. You go on quests getting better as you go. This mode would be fully cooperative. I'd then also love to see a skirmish mode for that game.
3. I'd love to see a game where you're an aspiring hero in the DC Universe. Think "DC Online" the board game. You're working with others trying to complete quests. Ultimately, you want to become the greatest hero ever. It'd be a worker placement game where you are training with DC heroes, kind of like their sidekick. You can acquire cool ancient artifacts and hone your powers in general. Whoever does the best throughout the game, is adopted into the Justice League. This could even have a campaign mode, where you're taking a hero through the process of several games.
4. I'd love to see a game where you're one of the villains in the DC Universe. You have henchman, DC Universe Heroes are trying to stop you, and whoever can pull off the greatest scheme without being thwarted wins!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A solo/co-op Batman game with a ton of maps!

Sorry couldn't resist devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:

And 20 versions of Batman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...a Marvel version. Never liked DC much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:

With a 5th player. Why not make everyone happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go Marvel D:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pincumbe
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically Justice League/DCU Gloomhaven (i.e. fully coop/soloable, campaign based, unlockable/"legacy" content, with character leveling) would be the grail game.

Edit: Though if we're dreaming, go ahead and throw in Heroscape like terrain with added plastic urban terrain (i.e. skyscrapers).

Then I'd want Marvel crossover and we'd officially have my game to end all games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
A Legion of SuperHeroes game with a solo campaign for Matter-Eater Lad.

That is edible.

And...replayable? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Batman Legacy with a story writen by Scott Snyder or James T Tynion IV.
You would have a Batcave board, a Gotham board, permanentely changing, each one would be a batfamily character and no one is Batman (or someone is, i don't know). From there i don't wanna know anything more, i already bought this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Swamp Thing or The Watchmen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy with Batman. Someone without super powers but with lots of resources and skills, taking on gangs of villains and thugs who are usually not super powered themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
X-Men Chronicles
(compatible to Batman Chronicles and/or JL Chronicles)
Spider-Man Chronicles
Fantastic Four Chronicles
Justice League Chronicles
Avengers Chronicles
(compatible to JL Chronicles)
Lantern War Chronicles
(compatible to JL Chronicles)
(with clear colored plastic depending on the Lantern Corps)
Star City Chronicles Expansion
(for Batman Chronicles)
Central City Expansion
(for Justic League Chronicles & Batman Chronicles)
Justice League Dark Chronicles Expansion
(for Justice League Chronicles)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Gazis
Greece
Athens
Piraeus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hann
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
gazis wrote:

This

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it’s not DC, but Wolverine work be great in the Batman/Conan system. I think he lends himself to that system pretty well. Wolverine’s a world traveler, too, so you could have some cool locations. Hanging out in Japanese temples, the seedy alleys of Madripoor, Canadian Rockies, etc.

And just imagine the mini based on Barry Windsor-Smith’s Weapon X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannman wrote:
gazis wrote:
Quote:
If you could have Monolith create any Type of Game in the DC Universe, what would it be?

This

Sorry true believers, this fails the "DC Universe" test.

(alternately, if we can just ignore the question... Romancing the Three Kingdoms. aka Dynasty Warriors, for video game fans)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdbc59 wrote:
Let's assume Monolith goes on to create the foremost greatest DC games in all of existence. I have some examples below of what I think would be very cool DC games. I've created this post because I absolutely love DC (don't wince right now, but I love them more than Marvel), and I don't think there are that many great DC games in existence (from the ones I've played). Batman is going bonkers. No way DC studios sees this and doesn't grant them the license again. What games would you want to see them create?

1. A small expansion/stand alone game that is set in the Green Arrow universe that is compatible with GCC. This same idea would also be great with the Batman Beyond universe.
2. I'd love to see a DC game that is similar to Imperial Assault. You're the Justice League Unlimited. You go on quests getting better as you go. This mode would be fully cooperative. I'd then also love to see a skirmish mode for that game.
3. I'd love to see a game where you're an aspiring hero in the DC Universe. Think "DC Online" the board game. You're working with others trying to complete quests. Ultimately, you want to become the greatest hero ever. It'd be a worker placement game where you are training with DC heroes, kind of like their sidekick. You can acquire cool ancient artifacts and hone your powers in general. Whoever does the best throughout the game, is adopted into the Justice League. This could even have a campaign mode, where you're taking a hero through the process of several games.
4. I'd love to see a game where you're one of the villains in the DC Universe. You have henchman, DC Universe Heroes are trying to stop you, and whoever can pull off the greatest scheme without being thwarted wins!

Good ideas!

For me, I'd want a co-op adventure game based on Blackest Night.

My giant Heroclix Nekron needs something to do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pincumbe
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the one drawback for Wolverine as opposed to Batman is that Wolvie is so much more of a loner. At least in "Wolverine" adventures, as opposed to "X-Men" adventures. I mean, at most he's probably going to be paling with one other hero (Rogue, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Deadpool, Sabretooth) but the 3 v. 1 might feel a bit off having Wolvie wandering the globe with two other allies. Workable, but just a tad difficult thematically, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
IAmBatman wrote:
I think the one drawback for Wolverine as opposed to Batman is that Wolvie is so much more of a loner. At least in "Wolverine" adventures, as opposed to "X-Men" adventures. I mean, at most he's probably going to be paling with one other hero (Rogue, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Deadpool, Sabretooth) but the 3 v. 1 might feel a bit off having Wolvie wandering the globe with two other allies. Workable, but just a tad difficult thematically, IMO.

Funny enough that, as such a loner as Wolverine is, he's probably in more X-teams and Avenger-teams than anyone else
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IAmBatman wrote:

Yeah, you’re probably right. There’s a couple other friends he could bring, like Colossus (fastball special, anyone?!), but for the most part he is a loner. In general, though, I think he’d work better with the Conan/Batman system. A full-on X-Men (or Justice League) game I kinda think would work better with the Mythic Battles system. I’m not sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love games featuring these characters/teams:
(1) Green Arrow
(2) Aquaman
(3) Green Lantern
(4) The Flash
(5) Superman
(6) Legion of Superheroes
(7) JLA
(8) Teen Titans!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
Green Lantern : Sinestro Corps War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Spring/Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
dadoodoflow wrote:
Green Lantern : Sinestro Corps War

This has so much potential....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from Batman, a lot of the DC properties feel...meh. And the movies are leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth with one notable exception. So I vote for....

Spoiler (click to reveal)

The Lego League
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Richard
msg tools
kevinjohn3d wrote:

This

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.