Dragonfire» Forums » General

Subject: Warlocks Crypt scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
I decided to make a seperate post because when I read the scenario card I'm confused. Below in my words the way I understood the instructions. What am I missing here? thx. for clarification.

Setup -

During setup you will pick 3 tokens to create 3 token stacks. Each token stack will consist of 2 encounters from Dungeon 1 and 1 encounter from Adventurers 2, i.e. total of 3 cards.

Humanoids and Giants also gain the Undead trait in addition to their printed type?

Triggering token stacks -

For each scene, once per scene, any player can trigger … at any time during their turn … a token stack while there are still other active encounters for that scene on the board in play and undefeated.

Triggering a token stack makes you reveal the top card of the token stack placing it facing the character who matched the color of that encounter.

Then the player who revealed the encounter and the player that is facing the just revealed (top) card draws one card … one card from where? The token stack?

Each player may discard 1 card from hand to discard the revealed encounter and reveal the next encounter from that stack … well with 3 cards per token stack the stack is depleted already? Not?

A discard can be done twice per token stack … well the stack is already depleted?

‘New cards are not drawn in conjunction with revealing these additional encounter’ … I guess they are referring to the final card drawn which cannot be skipped (discarded).

The penalty

Initially I thought, why would I want to draw from the token stack? But there is a penalty, although appears to be small, built in.

If all encounters in a scene are defeated than, at the end of any turn, a card from the token stack is revealed and played matching character and encounter color. Additional card in the token stack are discarded.

Looks like taking the penalty is more beneficial vs taking a card from the token stack while encounters are still revealed. Off course you will miss the gold payout for discarded ‘token stack’ cards.

Maybe the trick is with some advantages in the Adventurers 2 cards that I'm not aware of yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Spell Webs" are going to add an extra encounter to the scene.

If you break the Web while there are still encounters facing the group, you get a little more say over which of the cards in the web break out and become facing encounters. They also give two card draws (from the players decks) for the 'activator' and the 'person who gets attacked' (which might be the same person).

If you didn't break a Web before killing all the dealt encounters, you handle what fate throws at you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Reston
Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
The "Spell Webs" are going to add an extra encounter to the scene.

If you break the Web while there are still encounters facing the group, you get a little more say over which of the cards in the web break out and become facing encounters. They also give two card draws (from the players decks) for the 'activator' and the 'person who gets attacked' (which might be the same person).

If you didn't break a Web before killing all the dealt encounters, you handle what fate throws at you.

Portcullis, now with less party wiping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Ahhh. Card draw from the player deck.

I didn't get to the Portcullis yet so I'll have a look at that one as well.

Thx. a bunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Cirus
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotun wrote:
For each scene, once per scene, any player can trigger …

Why once per scene? I (probably my English) can't find that restriction in the scenario rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Chapman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am a bit confused by the text discard a card from the market, does this mean permanently lose a market slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antychsp wrote:
I am a bit confused by the text discard a card from the market, does this mean permanently lose a market slot?

I took it to mean reveal the top of the market deck, use that color, then discard that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Chapman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ahh right OK that makes more sense and is way less brutal think the period Confused me.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.