Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom McAlister
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felin's ability shows "-5 strength. Choose one: [two options for attack and/or light]"

Right now, I am interpreting that his strength becomes -3 (so you need effects to improve strength if you want him to equip a weapon), and you get one of those options.

I worry that his strength must be brought up to 5+ first before you can use that ability, but that seems pretty horrible. He would be mostly useless under the strength-cannot-go-below-0 interpretation.

The rulebook actually uses pretty vague language. Can anyone clarify the rule for Felin? Can strength go below 0 or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zoran
United Kingdom
London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Felin as skill going below 0. This can be brought back up with iron rations, Thunderstone and other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Molander
msg tools
mbmb
thom1977 wrote:
Felin's ability shows "-5 strength. Choose one: [two options for attack and/or light]"

Right now, I am interpreting that his strength becomes -3 (so you need effects to improve strength if you want him to equip a weapon), and you get one of those options.

I worry that his strength must be brought up to 5+ first before you can use that ability, but that seems pretty horrible. He would be mostly useless under the strength-cannot-go-below-0 interpretation.

The rulebook actually uses pretty vague language. Can anyone clarify the rule for Felin? Can strength go below 0 or not?

Yeah, I would rule that skill can go negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thom1977 wrote:

Go below Zero. I believe the intent is that when you use a beast form, or whatever it's called, that it becomes exceedingly difficult to equip a weapon, both in the game with the negative strength, and thematically as paws and sword don't work so well. There's also nothing in the rule book about any penalty for a Hero to go below 0 strength, like having to discard it or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom McAlister
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:

I believe the intent is that when you use a beast form, or whatever it's called, that it becomes exceedingly difficult to equip a weapon, both in the game with the negative strength, and thematically as paws and sword don't work so well.

This was my thinking, too. I just hate that the rulebook does not address this very clearly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Reese
msg tools
designer
mbmb
zemus wrote:
I played Felin as skill going below 0. This can be brought back up with iron rations, Thunderstone and other cards.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.