Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't there be other games out there that could be repurposed for the Batman game? Specifically I'm thinking of things like Starwars miniatures, Heroclix, Horrorclix, Zombiecide etc. Some consideration for grid movement vs. area movement vs. free must be made but, hey, there is a lot of stuff out there already. There are also companies that produce tiles that can be printed ad nauseum to build whole tables.

Heck even the Conan and Pantheon map tiles could be used. Wizards has a whole host of maps for D&D that may be usable (old castles, sewer systems, etc.).

I guess I'd rather see the stretch goals go toward more things that I can't supply otherwise (minis, dashboards, accessories, scenarios).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron

Jupiter
Florida
msg tools
mb
Indeed, I was curious about using the puzzle-like game boards from Imperial Assault.

Might even consider breaking out the old Lego-hex Heroscape landscape tiles again to add some elevation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
statman8 wrote:

I guess I'd rather see the stretch goals go toward more things that I can't supply otherwise (minis, dashboards, accessories, scenarios).

Sure but couldn't you make the same case against the miniatures? It's pretty easy to buy batman miniatures from Knight models.

I'd like to see a stretch goal for at least one more double sided map board because that's going to get a lot more use than any individual miniature or unit of miniatures. And getting the maps from them allows you to get prebalanced and batman specific boards which you can't get from anywhere else.

I'd love to get a map of Black Gate Pententiary or the Rooftops of Gotham (perhaps overlooking Crime Alley) or Wayne Enterprises or the Iceberg Lounge or Gotham CITY POLICE HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
statman8 wrote:

Sure but couldn't you make the same case against the miniatures? It's pretty easy to buy batman miniatures from Knight models.

I'd like to see a stretch goal for at least one more double sided map board because that's going to get a lot more use than any individual miniature or unit of miniatures. And getting the maps from them allows you to get prebalanced and batman specific boards which you can't get from anywhere else.

I'd love to get a map of Black Gate Pententiary or the Rooftops of Gotham (perhaps overlooking Crime Alley) or Wayne Enterprises or the Iceberg Lounge or Gotham CITY POLICE HQ.

We have known for weeks now this is not going to happen. They made it clear very early on that there would be no maps as stretch goals. It's been talked about to death and isn't happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nugent
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
KoalaXav wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
statman8 wrote:

We have known for weeks now this is not going to happen. They made it clear very early on that there would be no maps as stretch goals. It's been talked about to death and isn't happening.

People are still entitled to their opinions though. If they would love to see more maps and want to share their thoughts, why should that be an issue? We know Monolith have said the maps are final, but that shouldn’t stop people being able to talk about ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pincumbe
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
statman8 wrote:

Seems like the Arkham map could easily double as Blackgate, Wayne Enterprises it depends on what you want, but the Ace Chemicals and Warehouse maps could cover the industrial side and Wayne Manor could cover the more corporate side. Wayne Manor could also ape Iceberg lounge if you add a little ice (maybe we'll get some plastic pieces for Freeze?). If you cover the vault in the bank, you might be able to pull of a convincing GCPD there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
statman8 wrote:

People are still entitled to their opinions though. If they would love to see more maps and want to share their thoughts, why should that be an issue? We know Monolith have said the maps are final, but that shouldn’t stop people being able to talk about ideas.

Except that wasn't the topic of this thread. This was about other maps that can be used with the game. Not a cry for Monolith to change their minds! We have enough of those threads. Why does every mention of maps have to lead to the same thing? I'd love more maps too but people need to face facts at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheonom wrote:

Sure, but if it’s an idea that cannot bring about any positive outcome, and if talking about it might confuse people who don’t know that new maps aren’t a possibility, what’s the benefit to discussing it? It is mostly likely to foster discontent. Is that worthwhile?

Of course, they can say there’s no chance of new maps but you never can tell. I think that’s why people really talk about them. Secretly they hope Monolith will change their mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Gowans
United States
OMAHA
NE
flag msg tools
LONG LIVE SAMMY!
badge
Have you read the Psion series?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Pheonom wrote:

Sure, but if it’s an idea that cannot bring about any positive outcome, and if talking about it might confuse people who don’t know that new maps aren’t a possibility, what’s the benefit to discussing it? It is mostly likely to foster discontent. Is that worthwhile?

Of course, they can say there’s no chance of new maps but you never can tell. I think that’s why people really talk about them. Secretly they hope Monolith will change their mind.

Well this is a forum. This is where we discuss stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xljedi wrote:
Indeed, I was curious about using the puzzle-like game boards from Imperial Assault.

That would be a good idea. Each puzzle piece would be one area of movement! laugh

Miniature wargamers have been making their own terrain boards for decades. I'm sure with a conversion of movement from areas to inches, and LOS rules, you can play Batman on your own terrain. HeroClix certainly does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Pheonom wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
statman8 wrote:

Except that wasn't the topic of this thread. This was about other maps that can be used with the game. Not a cry for Monolith to change their minds! We have enough of those threads. Why does every mention of maps have to lead to the same thing? I'd love more maps too but people need to face facts at some point.

I know it's not happening. I've faced facts and I was just naming off things I thought might be cool to see.

Also in regards to the topic of this thread, the OP opened the thread up to this kind of talk with the last line of his post. Because it went from being solely about "what are some map alternatives in other games?" to also being a thread about the merits of one type of stretch goal vs another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jacobugath wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Pheonom wrote:

Well this is a forum. This is where we discuss stuff.

This is an internet forum. A place where we shout our opinions out loud regardless of relevance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Maudlin
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Batman vs The Forbidden Desert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyan Shad
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was thinking Tannhauser maps with built in LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Weed
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyan1de wrote:
I was thinking Tannhauser maps with built in LOS.

The minis would likely be compatible too....Batman vs. Nazis ala Captain America.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can think of other games that have nice terrain. I can't think of any that have boards divided into the right sort of spaces for this game, much less the LOS symbols and etc. So it seems like some home brewing will be required no matter what.

Given that, perhaps it would make most sense to just choose an overhead view piece of art at about the right scale, print it off, and add our own markings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are a bunch of great Heroclix maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now temped to try with Heroscape terrain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.