Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

In the advanced rules it says you can only place a horse on a track if you own a horse. But what if no one bought one? Jump immediately to next round?

Or is it normal that everyone buys one in the first round?

If I'd like to buy a stable from another player. Which price do I have to pay him? The actual price (2x) determined by the actual odds or the price (2x) he paid x rounds ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now.. i don't have the rules with me but i do remember that the only limitation is that you have to own a Horse Stable to play a horse card.

All horses (the pawns) will race regardless but, if you own a stable and a horse card with a special power, you can play them to "cheat on the race" and make sure you get an advantage.

Regardless, the game is not about owning horses or stables and, in a matter of fact, not even directly connected to have the most money at the end of the game. The main point is to bet on horses (even other players' horses) trying to win victory points and have the most at the end of the game.

In no circumstances you're out of any betting\race fase (even because the first bet is mandatory)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'd like to buy a stable from another player. Which price do I have to pay him? The actual price (2x) determined by the actual odds or the price (2x) he paid x rounds ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now.. for this i really don't have a definitive answer but the ruleset say that buying from another player you would pay twice its value.

I would interpret it as "its current value" as the stable in the meantime got re-evaluated and it has more\less possibilities to pay you money based on their odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.