6 Posts

Grimslingers» Forums » General

Subject: How to organize content? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've had the base set for a while, but have not yet really played it. I purchased the expansion during the kickstarter, along with the large collector's box, and am excited to finally try this out. HOWEVER - I am overwhelmed by the number of cards, many of which have the same backs but, from what I can tell, are meant to be separate. I have a number of great dividers, but I'm unsure what goes where. For instance, why do some of the grimslingers get individual dividers, while there is a general grim slingers divider, and who is meant to be placed behind that? It feels chaotic to me, but I'm sure there is a rationale. Additionally, while the dividers have the names of specific cards associated with them and what looks like a card number, I've been unable to find the specified card number printed anywhere on the card! Additionally, for the dividers where I have appropriately identified the cards, I appear to be missing some cards - do the dividers cover both the base game and the expansion? Appreciate any guidance - I know I could figure this out given time (and I'm likely being dense), but I'd like to someday play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any Grimslinger that doesn't have their own divider card goes into the general grimslinger divider.

Honestly I'm not reeeaallly show to make it easier for you to understand via BGG. The rulebook goes over what the cards are, there are also the dividers like you mentioned.

Cards that have the same backs are items, elements, and signatures, and while they may have the same backs, they most certainly have very distinct fronts.

Items have an image of an item on them, signatures have an orb on the front, elements have a geometric symbol / elemental name.

I'd say if you're only interested in the Tall Tale, just use the Tall tale section of the rulebook and look at the tale tale space graphic. It shows you where the different decks go and what they are.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I’m Checking out some of the video playthroughs on YouTube. Having 3 (maybe 4?) variants of the rules definitely makes things interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kovaks wrote:
Thanks for the response. I’m Checking out some of the video playthroughs on YouTube. Having 3 (maybe 4?) variants of the rules definitely makes things interesting.

Well the rules have been updated, but the content is the same. I thought you said you were having a hard time figuring out what cards are what. But are you actually having a hard time with the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kovaks Alpha
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was just generally confused - I had a map from the 2nd version of the game that I think isn’t applicable anymore - I think that the 2nd edition rulebook is basically not applicable now? The tall tale setup page on page 27 seems quite nice. The organization of the game reminds me of the first darkest night set - really beautiful card backs, but not super clear. I hope to have a playthrough this evening or weekend and then I’ll come back with gameplay questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kovaks wrote:
I was just generally confused - I had a map from the 2nd version of the game that I think isn’t applicable anymore - I think that the 2nd edition rulebook is basically not applicable now? The tall tale setup page on page 27 seems quite nice. The organization of the game reminds me of the first darkest night set - really beautiful card backs, but not super clear. I hope to have a playthrough this evening or weekend and then I’ll come back with gameplay questions.

Awesome yeah. The map, archetype cards and level trackers aren't applicable with the expansion, and if you ARE playing the expansion you need the 4th edition rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.