Ex Libris» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does the Discard pile get reshuffled? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If there are no more cards to draw do you reshuffle the Discard pile?

I know this sounds like a silly question but I couldn't find it anywhere in the rule book and some locations really benefit from having a deeper discard pile, especially late game.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Alexidor wrote:

I know this sounds like a silly question but I couldn't find it anywhere in the rule book and some locations really benefit from having a deeper discard pile, especially late game.

Thanks in advance!

are you talking location tiles or book cards?

under cleanup phase it says

Quote:
If the location stack is ever depleted, shuffle all discarded locations to create a new face-down stack.

as for the book cards, there are so many that it feels like it would be impossible to get through the whole deck. it feels like any time I've played by game end we have only gotten through half the stack of 152 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
Black Alexidor wrote:

Thanks in advance!

are you talking location tiles or book cards?

under cleanup phase it says

Quote:
If the location stack is ever depleted, shuffle all discarded locations to create a new face-down stack.

as for the book cards, there are so many that it feels like it would be impossible to get through the whole deck. it feels like any time I've played by game end we have only gotten through half the stack of 152 cards.

Talkin about the Book cards. Must be more of an issue at the 2 player count. We have played twice and both time within the last 10 cards of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rare instance that the deck is depleted, shuffle the discard pile to create a new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Alexidor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad7m wrote:
In the rare instance that the deck is depleted, shuffle the discard pile to create a new deck.

Thanks kindly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.