Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this but just wanted to put in a good word for GeeknSons. With a few hiccups.
So the ordering process was pretty straight forward, I traded emails with Monica there and she set me up with a quote, but I was awaiting a decision from my credit card company to refund my GeekChic payment as many know that they had gone under and I had paid in full for a table from them. A few month go by and my credit card company sided with me and gave me a full refund, so I tried to email GeeknSon back to put down a deposit. Here's where their communications failed, and more than once, it took multiple emails and going on facebook chat to get a hold of someone to answer my emails. There were a few times when they said they would get back to me but never did.

I finally got a final quote from them and put down a deposit. Was advised of an ETA for delivery and told that they would keep me in the loop as the table was built. I think I only received TWO email from them about the wood setting, and when it was ready to be delivered asking for payment. I would've thought that the money I was dropping on this I would get better service, guess not. I emailed them a few times during the process and was ignored most of the time. They also only work during 9am to 5 pm London Time, and I'm in Canada, so usually even on the quickest reply would be about 24 hours.

The delivery, I think went through like multiple logistics company and transport companies, I had to google a bunch of the companies to get some tracking on it. The customs clearance company that they used was pretty awesome too, Dilas International, they answered all my questions and were way more helpful than the transport company, ECU Worldwide. It would've been nice to get the white glove treatment with the table but that was not offered and when you have a 400 lbs table, it's hard to move. I was able to get a few friends to help me unload it, as the shipping company only did curbside delivery.

Although their lack of communications was discerning, the craftmanship on the table and all the options that they have for them are AMAZING. I couldn't be happier with my table. Mine was a custom dimension 5'8" x 4'3" with an interior vault of 5'3" x 3'8". 2 sided inset simonis cloth on one side, velvet on the other, printed grid(a bit too long had to cut it down a bit), bluetooth speakers, bunch of cupholders and bins and counter holders, 3 player's desk and 1 GM. Everything is very well designed and built, although the adhesives in between on the leaves weren't that strong and were not sticking.

All in all, I think it took like 6 months to get it to my house.

And now probably what you've all came here to see

PICTURES!
https://imgur.com/a/uuZnD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Szachniewicz
United Kingdom
Evesham
-- Please Select --
flag msg tools
Hi there Fabian! Thank you for this honest feedback and we're glad to see the table in its new home! We are looking at everything that has been said and putting certain things in place to make sure the Geeknson experience is always getting better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derric Pennington
msg tools
Thanks! Looks awesome. Glad to see Geeknson respond constructively to your post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.