Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 13 of the rules its says that " If a character in a Location goes Unconscious and no other player is in that Location, discard the Location."

I had a Location render an exhausted character Unconscious whilst another character with one HP was in the Adventure Environment and no other Encounters on the table. So if I discard the Location, does that mean that I completed the Scene? And in this case, win the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matt_k wrote:
On page 13 of the rules its says that " If a character in a Location goes Unconscious and no other player is in that Location, discard the Location."

I had a Location render an exhausted character Unconscious whilst another character with one HP was in the Adventure Environment and no other Encounters on the table. So if I discard the Location, does that mean that I completed the Scene? And in this case, win the game?

Yes. And such things make great stories for the pub.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bard: So Grocknar the mighty... he was stuck in the Slaadi Portal

Grocknar: Can we skip to the part where we walked out of there alive?

Bard: No no, I have to finish... So anyway, I take out this pack of Goblins with a quick dance of blades, and Grocknar's trying to hold off the Slaadi Portal

Grocknar: Please? Don't finish the story.

Bard: So Grocknar's in that portal, trying to close it, and I deftly dodge the last creature chasing me, and I can still hear Grocknar shouting "Come on guys, I can't do this alone".

Grocknar: Every stupid tavern, for seven years, I've heard this story...

Bard: With a final flourish I stick my dagger into the last creature and then I look up. Grocknar's staring into the abyss, and then the energy from the Portal zapped him.

Grocknar: and I Heroically close it... Let's go!

Bard: No no no... the Portal zapped you and you fell down. I thought you were dead. Turns out the Portal was set to close after a few minutes, because it collapsed. Grocknar didn't DO anything, he just kind of took a nap.

Grocknar: That's it, I'm not bringing you to any more taverns, we're sleeping in the stables from now on.

___

In all seriousness, letting the other party member succumb to a final encounter on Scene 3 is a valid tactic, despite what Grocknar says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By some bizarre coincidence it actually was a goblin horde and the Slaad portal that the hero in question was facing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matt_k wrote:
By some bizarre coincidence it actually was a goblin horde and the Slaad portal that the hero in question was facing!

Call me psychic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.