Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
As it says. You start with 4 men and 1 woman .. and you get 2 more male heroes as SG?!

My wife and daughter really like to play their own gender!
Not sure if only men play games in Macedonia, perhaps?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand: female heroes are just not heavily featured in the original story...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vojkan Krstevski
Macedonia
Skopje
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Teowulff wrote:
As it says. You start with 4 men and 1 woman .. and you get 2 more male heroes as SG?!

My wife and daughter really like to play their own gender!
Not sure if only men play games in Macedonia, perhaps?!

Thadeus, I understand your concerns, however we'd ask that you be a bit patient with the SGs. Not want to reveal too much, but all your concers will be addressed as the campaign progresses.

We do have a lot of female gamers in Macedonia. In fact, 50% of our company is owned by two women. Representation and equality is what we really want to feature in our games, as was the case with our 2 previous titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek
Poland
flag msg tools
I'm guessing that the picture on a first and a last page of the manual may be quite spoilery in this matter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

It's such a relief to know that some of the Merry Men will be female.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott San Filippo
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same here. It's a problem with many games, but for some reason this is disappointing me more than usual. Especially with the bonus characters introduced. It definitely reduces the market for the game - and the main reason I am withholding backing this project right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vojkan Krstevski
Macedonia
Skopje
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
As I've mentioned few days ago, we are adding more female characters in the game.

Here is the update where we talk about that https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512772051/robin-hood-an...

We are sorry if our stretch goals scheduling left you with an impression that we wanted to make a male dominant cast of playable characters. That was never our intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Falco84 wrote:
As I've mentioned few days ago, we are adding more female characters in the game.

Here is the update where we talk about that https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/512772051/robin-hood-an...

We are sorry if our stretch goals scheduling left you with an impression that we wanted to make a male dominant cast of playable characters. That was never our intention.

Great, thanks! 4 female heroes to choose from should suffice. I plegded for your game!
(although it remains to be seen how competitive their unique abilities will prove to be)

Especially love the semi-co-op game mechanism! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing some of the folks here have never played Shadows over Camelot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.