Subject: Thinking of ways to make the game easier rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Reilly
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game probably 30 times and played the campaign twice. I really want to play this game again but due to limited time I'm considering ways to ease up on the difficulty so that I can still enjoy it and not have such a punishing time.

Specifically, I feel like the first and second quests are way harder than the others and really set the tone for the campaign.

I want to give myself a boost but not be too overpowered. I'm thinking either giving each character an Advanced power or 1 gear card at the start and two gear capacity. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ggg ggg
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools

You can make a small change to the way you use success tokens. the rules say that:
Before a hero rolls dice, he may choose to spend any
number of success tokens from his chosen action
card.

You could change this to :
After a hero rolls dice, he may choose to spend any
card.

If the above change is not enough & you want to make things easier, you could also change the limit of success tokens per action card to 3 instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Debar
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmavrack wrote:

You can make a small change to the way you use success tokens. the rules say that:
card.

card.

If the above change is not enough & you want to make things easier, you could also change the limit of success tokens per action card to 3 instead of 2.

This makes a huge difference. Initially I was playing like this as I misunderstood the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reilly
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmavrack wrote:

card.

card.

Good call. I may just do the bump up the limit of 3, that's enough of a tweak to hopefully not be game breaking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmavrack wrote:

card.

card.

What a simple and elegant idea. Very nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.