Subject: Minor Rule Clarification Help (spoilers?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Corson

Springfield
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wife and I have been playing about a week and we're a little confused on a few issues. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) When rolling for hunt events we've been rolling 1 white d10 and 1 black d10, with the white being our 10's digit and the black our 1's, as suggested in the rule book. Perhaps we missed this explanation, but what happens when either die shows a lantern(10)? Also, how are we able to roll the 100 event in this case?

2) If we understand the fighting art ambidextrous, it allows a character to pair any one handed weapons together instead of two identical weapons. If that is correct, how is varying strength of weapons handled when rolling to wound?

3) Our very first Settlement Event card that we drew, disregarding 'First Day', was Skull Eater. In this it designates someone to have Marrow Hunger, and adds the Murder SE to the next lantern year. Few questions here; after drawing any SE card and resolving it, is it then discarded or added back into the SE draw pile? Second, in regards to this specific event, where it says that the Murder SE will have to happen in the following year, is the Murder SE card removed and set aside to be used, or is it left in the draw pile to allow for the possibility of drawing two back to back murders in that year? Lastly, regarding Marrow Hunger, it says that the survivor with marrow hunger must be nominated in following Murder SE or Skull Eater SE...I assume this means as the murderer and not the victim?

I'm sure there will be more questions to come. We're having a blast though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) if you roll Lantern on either the black or the white die, it counts as "0"
If both dice show Lantern, you rolled a "100" (since there is no "0" event)

I don't think this is explained in the rulebook. Standard RPG knowledge :-)

2) You attack with both weapons separately; you just only need one activation for it.

3)
- added back
- left in the pile (could happen two times)
- don't have the card in front of me, but iirc could be both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with the above but just to specify, you can select them as either the victim or the murderer, not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul4768 wrote:
2) If we understand the fighting art ambidextrous, it allows a character to pair any one handed weapons together instead of two identical weapons. If that is correct, how is varying strength of weapons handled when rolling to wound?

Ambidextrous does not allow you to pair two different weapons. It gives all weapons in your gear grid the "Paired" keyword:

Quote:
'Paired':”A gear special rule. Paired weapons are two identical weapons that can be used as one. Add the speed of the second weapon when attacking with the first. These weapons must have the same name, and both must be in your gear grid.”,

So, you may only add the speed together if both weapons are identical.

Also, as a side note: All 2nd copies of any weapon in your grid lose all beneficial keywords. So, the "2nd" copy would not have paired. Meaning you could attack with it without having to add the speed together (if, for example you didn't want to attack with as many dice.) The downside is, this attack would also lose other beneficial keywords, such as deadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Corson

Springfield
Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Vendictar wrote:
Paul4768 wrote:

Ambidextrous does not allow you to pair two different weapons. It gives all weapons in your gear grid the "Paired" keyword:

Quote:
'Paired':”A gear special rule. Paired weapons are two identical weapons that can be used as one. Add the speed of the second weapon when attacking with the first. These weapons must have the same name, and both must be in your gear grid.”,

Also, as a side note: All 2nd copies of any weapon in your grid lose all beneficial keywords. So, the "2nd" copy would not have paired. Meaning you could attack with it without having to add the speed together (if, for example you didn't want to attack with as many dice.) The downside is, this attack would also lose other beneficial keywords, such as deadly.

So I take it that simply having two single handed weapons without the ambidextrous fighting art does not make them paired? I know the white lion katars specifically mention 'paired'...but because other weapons may not have the 'paired' keyword is what makes ambidextrous beneficial?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul4768 wrote:
Vendictar wrote:
Paul4768 wrote:

Quote:

So I take it that simply having two single handed weapons without the ambidextrous fighting art does not make them paired? I know the white lion katars specifically mention 'paired'...but because other weapons may not have the 'paired' keyword is what makes ambidextrous beneficial?

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. It simply let's you pair weapons that you normally cannot, such as Bone Axes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.