United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Just a geek, nothing to see here, move along
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I just discovered that there is a separate entry for Troyes (2016 edition). As far I understand, the only difference with this new 2016 version is that includes 4 bonus cards and solo rules. Is that correct?
Does it deserves a separate entry?
Shouldn't the Ladies of Troyes be listed as an expansion?

F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
flope wrote:
Hi,
I just discovered that there is a separate entry for Troyes (2016 edition). As far I understand, the only difference with this new 2016 version is that includes 4 bonus cards and solo rules. Is that correct?
Does it deserves a separate entry?
Shouldn't the Ladies of Troyes be listed as an expansion?

F

If this is true, then this is such stupid decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is in this article by the publisher. It's a retrospective about the past year (2016).

Sebduj wrote:
Je n'ai pas pu résister aux nombreuses sollicitations sur le retour de Troyes. D'autres jeux ont été en rupture dans notre catalogue mais celui-ci semblait manquer plus que d'autres et cela se ressentait. 21000 boites avaient était fabriquées jusqu'à présent, nous en avons imprimées 8000 de plus cette année. Il est vrai qu'il a longtemps figuré dans le TOP50 sur Board Game Geek et qu'il a notamment gagné le TT d'or en 2011. J'ai finalement pris la décision de le rééditer presque à l'identique pour ne pas donner le sentiment de forcer la main d'un nouvel achat à ceux qui ont déjà le jeu dans leur ludothèque. J'ai cependant ajouté la règle solo de mon ami Shadi Torbey ainsi que les 4 cartes bonus (Boulanger-Banquet-Prieur-Résistance) que beaucoup d'entre vous connaissaient déjà. Je me suis également amusé en réimprimant l'insert de la boîte qui était tout blanc à l'origine et j'admets être bluffé par le résultat : c'est beaucoup plus joli...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator wrote:
I couldn't resist the numerous solicitations on Troyes' return. Other games were broken in our catalog but it seemed to be missing more than others and it felt that way. 21000 boxes had been manufactured so far, we printed 8000 more this year. It's true that he has long been featured in the TOP50 on Board Game Geek and won the gold TT in 2011. I finally decided to republish it almost exactly the same so as not to make those who already have the game in their toy library feel like they were forcing a new purchase. However, I added the solo rule of my friend Shadi Torbey and the 4 bonus cards (Baker-Banquet-Prior-Resistance) that many of you already knew. I also had fun by reprinting the insert of the box which was originally all white and I admit to be impressed by the result: it's much nicer...

td;lr. No need for a separate entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer from the admins:

Quote:
Reason: This edition of Troyes contains both the core game and the Troyes: Bonus Cards.

Because it contains contents different than what is in the other editions, it receives a separate entry and is marked as a compilation item

That makes me think that we should do the same with a lot of KS that comes with extra cards and mini-expansion that are not in the retail box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what the "Versions" section of a game's page is for if not to point out minor differences such as these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesc Lopez
United States
West Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the key here was that 2 products (with 2 previous entries in bgg) were merged into 1 "new" product and that is what makes a new entry. My guess.

I wouldn't be surprised though that we could find similar examples on that happened and there are no new entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
They way how they handled mergers and separating entries in the past haven't been very consistent, and a lot of times it wasn't very sensible from us users' perspective. Eric Martin once talked about their rationale in this article from which you can find out more about their decision making on such issue, if you are curious: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/71042/diamantincan-gold-m...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.