Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously,

Prodos announced the rules during the Kickstarter to be a complete indispensable part of the AVP 1.0 release. laughlaughlaughlaugh

Then they kind of released half of the wargame rules as "AVP Unleashed" last February... but something is missing. Something critical to gameplay and yet they are happy to sell you the rulebook on their website without it. gulpgulpgulp

WHERE ARE THE RESOURCE AND FACTION STRATEGY CARDS? They are an integral part of the rules, repeatedly referenced (and even pictured!) but are nowhere to be found... you'd think they'd be available in PDF by now (I mean, I know it's only been a year, but...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Not a lot to add to that to be fair. They screwed AVP up and continue to try to keep it screwed.

The sad thing is, seeing as AVP Unleashed is based on WZR rules (which are a good set of rules), it wouldn't take much to sort out. But they refuse to do it. Numpties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resource cards are not needed. You can use any form of counters (since it is only ability currency).

While I wait for the fluffy decks smelling Aliens, I use the Warzone deck (neutral sides only). And the Warzone Resources, because I may not need them, but I just can't resist This project is part of the W.A.R. system so it is meant to be played vs.

Cheers,
K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChron wrote:
Resource cards are not needed. You can use any form of counters (since it is only ability currency).

While I wait for the fluffy decks smelling Aliens, I use the Warzone deck (neutral sides only). And the Warzone Resources, because I may not need them, but I just can't resist This project is part of the W.A.R. system so it is meant to be played vs.

Cheers,
K.

So you are saying we have to download strategy cards from a different game to make THIS game playable? Where can I find this Warzone deck? What are "neutral sides only"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougisitosan wrote:
GenChron wrote:

Cheers,
K.

So you are saying we have to download strategy cards from a different game to make THIS game playable? Where can I find this Warzone deck? What are "neutral sides only"?

Well, this game has been playable since the day it was out as a leaked pdf. We are playing tournaments here, and despite adding some spice, we don't play with cards on the tourneys for simplicity.

I'll try to pass on the old information.

W.A.R. is a wargaming system that uses D20, made by Prodos for their games. The core of the rules is W.A.R. and two books contain that core plus army lists. Those books are Warzone Resurrection and AvP Unleashed. Essentially, it is the same "game", and they both in a way are "supplements" that also contain the main "rulebook" in, so that people don't have to pay for two books (rule+army in 1 book), or three if they played both warzone and avp.

Warzone has a COMBAT DECK you can buy from the store for a low price. The combat deck contains a number of "split" cards that have an "up" and "down" facing, most of which have the "down" side as faction (megacorp) specific, while the other is neutral. When building the deck, you include the complete card, and you choose the side you play as long as you are eligible as a faction (megacorp), else you just use the neutral "up" side.

Cheers,
K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChron wrote:
we don't play with cards on the tourneys for simplicity.

Omitting play elements is a decision one should choose to make... not be forced to make because the manufacturer has abandoned their commitments.

GenChron wrote:
I'll try to pass on the old information.

W.A.R. is a wargaming system that uses D20, made by Prodos for their games. The core of the rules is W.A.R. and two books contain that core plus army lists. Those books are Warzone Resurrection and AvP Unleashed. Essentially, it is the same "game", and they both in a way are "supplements" that also contain the main "rulebook" in, so that people don't have to pay for two books (rule+army in 1 book), or three if they played both warzone and avp.

Kickstarter(2013) wrote:
But equally AvP – The Hunt Begins is a portal into the AvP Wargame, which will allow you to play as a Battalion of Colonial Marines, an entire nest of Aliens or a Hunt of Predators. The free AvP Wargame will be available to download and will be available in hardback form when the appropriate stretched goal is unlocked.

GenChron wrote:
Warzone has a COMBAT DECK you can buy from the store for a low price.

"Low price" is not free. We were promised a FREE AVP Wargame five years ago soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You have been presented with plausible, elegant solution to all your problems. Please stop nitpicking and behaving like an angry black dog of my neighbours. Do i have to remind you various much more spectacular fail cases i.e. Sedition Wars from the extremely renowned usa corporation CMON. No rules fix has ever been produced , not even in PDF format, and some character cards has been produced only for selected backers , only for usa region and they were a paid purchase! And than they were made obsolete again.
How about you take that huge negative energy of yours and focus it on somethin more productive i.e. taking into consideration the helpful comments of other bgg members who are dedicating their time, knowledge and resources trying to help you. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.