skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the microbadge design and feedback thread. Firstly, this process is done by committee (no, really, this is good). I am a gatekeeper, and, I do have the final say, but, in the end, your peers opinions matter more than mine. I approve based on the consensus of others.

Anyone can create microbadges. Your microbadge will have to be approved by a microbadge admin though for it to show up in the system and available for purchase.

The process is as follows:

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase)
2. Create your badge. The badge must have a TRANSPARENT background as opposed to a white background.
3. Post the proposed microbadge image (which has been uploaded to your personal gallery or other place), name, and mouseover, grouping description, to this thread for review.
4. When the badge is ready (determined by you and the community), upload the badge using the tool ( https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion. If you don't do the latter, your badge WILL be REJECTED.

Ideally, post your image in this list (via gallery or other means), and the pending fields that you propose (only included the ones that truly matter):

Group:
Grouping Description:
Name:
Mouseover Text:

Back to some basics. Here are the current rules to microbadges:

• First, if you do not recall, here is the link to microbadge basics: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge
• Before creating a new badge, please make sure it is not already in the system.
• As usual, microbadges should be appropriate for the site.
• Please make sure you are happy with your badge before you upload it. I can fix badges later, but it is a manual process.
• No political badges.
• Have fun and be nice to each other.

Other tips:

• fan is always lowercase.
• the designers in this thread are here to help you.
• for more in-depth look at the process, see our
And if you want to request a badge that you do not wish to make yourself, please see below: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and....

Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList v4 [CLOSED]

Links of Interest:

Design and submission:

RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread
RPGG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread

Community and maintenance:

Microbadge Focus (guild)
Microbadge Focus general forum (home of several non-guild-specific threads)
New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread
Fixes and Clean-up for Existing Microbadges
The microbadge transparency project [global edition]
The Microbadge Boxing Ring
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - The Notorious 3's - Autumn 2014 Edition

Tools and indices:

Pending microbadges
BGG Microbadge Counter (add "?username=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Browse microbadges (add "?creator=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Search microbadges (actually for purchasing, but use this to check for the existence of badges and it's a far more navigable index)

Wiki:

Microbadge
Microbadge Design and Submission
Microbadge stock images

Archived MB design threads:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (post all new microbadges here before submission)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (coming soon)
Placeholder, and this header will be edited with the help of my leading designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
Can a ninja throw stars? Shurikan
mbmbmbmbmb
Preschool Teacher requested here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
cscottk wrote:
Placeholder, and this header will be edited with the help of my leading designers.
I looked through the Banter thread for the latest version of the hashed out proposal for the updated header post (all credit to Sjeng for doing the work there), and that can be found here here. Besides text changes, there's also
* a proposal to start numbering the relevant threads, explictly denoting that this one is the 4th edition.
* a question if there's any guidelines for religious/sexual badges to go along with the "no political" badges rule.

For easy copy/pasting for you, here is that proposal without the green color to denote changes, and without the remaining inline proposals for thread name changes:
========================

Welcome to the microbadge design and feedback thread. Firstly, this process is done by committee (no, really, this is good). I am a gatekeeper, and I do have the final say, but, in the end, your peer's opinions matter more than mine. I approve based on the consensus of others.

NOTE:
For videogame microbadges, go here: Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread
For RPG related microbadges, go here: RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread

Anyone can create microbadges. Your microbadge will have to be approved by a microbadge admin though for it to show up in the system and available for purchase.

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/browse/purchase)
2. Create your badge. It MUST be 16x16 pixels and saved in the .PNG format. The badge must have a TRANSPARENT background as opposed to a white background. (Unless the background is part of the design)
3. Post the proposed microbadge image (which has been uploaded to your personal gallery or other place), name, mouseover, and grouping description, to this thread for review. This is important so people can easily search for a design in the fast-moving review thread.
4. Also add a reference image if there is one (you can link to off-site images by using [IMG]http://...[/IMG])
5. When the badge is ready (determined by you and the community, usually by means of a poll), upload the badge using the tool (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion. If you don't do the latter, your badge WILL be REJECTED.

Ideally, post your image in this list (via gallery or other means), and the pending fields that you propose (only included the ones that truly matter):

Group:
Grouping Description:
Name:
Mouseover Text:

This is important, so people can SEARCH the thread for a particular microbadge design.

• First, if you do not recall, here is the link to microbadge basics: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge
• Before creating a new badge, please make sure it is not already in the system.
• Before creating a new badge, please make sure someone is not already working on it (search the thread).
• Please make sure you are happy with your badge before you upload it. I can fix badges later, but it is a manual process.
• No political badges.
• If a certain game already has a microbadge, but it has low sales, it's probably not worth it to make another one for that game, unless there's a good reason for it.

Other tips:

"fan" is always lowercase.
• The designers in this thread are here to help you.
Creating Microbadges - Hints, Help, and How to avoid common mistakes
• For more in-depth look at the process, see our wiki page http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Microbadge_Design_and....
• And if you want to request a badge that you do not wish to make yourself, visit Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist - 5th edition [CLOSED]

Links of Interest:

Microbadge Design and Submission:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback
RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread
* RPGG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread

Microbadge Request geeklists:
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist - 5th edition [CLOSED]

Microbadge Focus (guild)
New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - orphans edition 2017 (retired) Microbadges with 0 or 1 owner (added/updated)
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - Lonely Couples (retired) Microbadges with just 2 owners
Microbadge Arts and Crafts Fair - The Notorious 3's - Q2 2017 - This space for rent. Microbadges with 3 owners

Tools and indices:

Pending microbadges
Lydon's Microbadge Counter (add "?username=foo" and put in your quickbar)
Search microbadges (actually for purchasing, but use this to check for the existence of badges and it's a far more navigable index)

Wiki:

Microbadge
Microbadge stock images

Archived MB design and request threads:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2014-2018)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (2012-2014)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (post all new microbadges here before submission) (2009-2012)
RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread (2009-2016) [CLOSED] (2009-2016)
2017 RPG Geek Microbadge Creation Initiative - Request Geeklist
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist 3.0 [closed]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist 2.0 [CLOSED]
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist (permanently offline)

========================
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, you can simply quote this post and copy paste it for your OP.

Some suggestions were made. Thanks a_traveller for the reminder
I think your post is an older one though.

edit: I'll just copy paste as well then, for ease of reading:

WELCOME, NEW DESIGNERS!

If you are new to microbadging, here are a couple links to get you started:

Microbadge_Design_and_Submission

And if you're really into it (or really bored) here is the link to the links:

Microbadge Links

Feel free to ask questions at anytime!

New stuff...

The microbadge community has common procedures, helpful hints, recommendations for elevating designs, and certain social courtesies, which, while not being official, are protocols that we have found to be helpful and productive. We have worked hard over the years to document what we have learned to aide new designers in their quests of fun and creation. The links above are good starting points for diving into the wikipages and guidance geeklists and threads created by the microbadge community.

As we've discovered during the past month, there are still more bits of social understanding that could be documented. We're still a work in progress. Feel free to join us and help us get better.

Rules, work in progress:

cscottk wrote:
Welcome to the microbadge design and feedback thread. Firstly, this process is done by committee (no, really, this is good). I am a gatekeeper, and I do have the final say, but, in the end, your peer's opinions matter more than mine. I approve based on the consensus of others.

NOTE:
For videogame microbadges, go here: Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread
For RPG related microbadges, go here: RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread

2. Create your badge. It MUST be 16x16 pixels and saved in the .PNG format. The badge must have a TRANSPARENT background as opposed to a white background. (Unless the background is part of the design)
3. Post the proposed microbadge image (which has been uploaded to your personal gallery or other place), name, mouseover, and grouping description, to this thread for review. This is important so people can easily search for a design in the fast-moving review thread.
4. Also add a reference image if there is one (you can link to off-site images by using [ IMG]http://...[/IMG ] without the spaces). Please no links, but put the image in your post, so others won't have to visit another site and switch between tabs to compare.
5. When the badge is ready (determined by you and the community, usually by means of a poll), upload the badge using the tool (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create), and in the Admin notes, post a link to where you posted your badge in this thread for community discussion. If you don't do the latter, your badge WILL be REJECTED.

Group:
Grouping Description:
Name:
Mouseover Text:

This is important, so people can SEARCH the thread for a particular microbadge design.

• Before creating a new badge, please make sure it is not already in the system or in the pending queue.
Before creating a new badge, please make sure someone is not already working on it (search the thread).
• Please make sure you are happy with your badge before you upload it. The admins can fix badges later, but it is a manual process.
• No political badges. (what was the concensus on religion and sex again? perhaps add that too?)
If a certain game already has a microbadge, but it has low sales, it's probably not worth it to make another one for that game, unless there's a good reason for it.

Other tips:

"fan" is always lowercase.
• The designers in this thread are here to help you.
• For more in-depth look at the process, see our wiki page. (I moved this here, the sentence was cut off)
• And if you want to request a badge that you do not wish to make yourself, visit Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList 6.1th Edition

Links of Interest:

Microbadge Design and Submission:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback V4 (2018-2019)(add version and years in the title for searching purposes?)
RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread (= V2, I suggest adding that to the thead name)
* RPGG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread
Video Game Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread (= V1, I suggest adding that to the thead name)

Microbadge Request geeklists:
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList 6.1th Edition

Microbadge Focus (guild)
The Underappreciated Microbadges Geeklist - edition 2018 [CLOSED] (Microbadges with 3 or less owners)

Tools and indices:

Pending microbadges
Lydon's Microbadge Counter (add "?username=foo" and put in your quickbar)

Wiki:

Microbadge
Microbadge stock images

Archived MB design and request threads:

Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback V3 (2014-2017) [CLOSED] (I suggest adding the V# (year) [CLOSED] to the thread names)
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback V2 (2012-2014) [CLOSED]
Microbadge Submissions, Design, and Feedback (post all new microbadges here before submission) V1 (2009-2012) [CLOSED] (perhaps remove the part between (post all...) )
RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread (2009-2016) [CLOSED] (no change)

2017 RPG Geek Microbadge Creation Initiative - Request Geeklist
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist - 5th edition [CLOSED] (no change)
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList v4 [CLOSED] this one is called V4, perhaps rename to - 4th edition [CLOSED], and fix the capital L
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist 3.0 [closed] -> (no change, perhaps CAPS)
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist 2.0 [CLOSED] -> (no change)
Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist (permanently offline) -> 1.0 [CLOSED]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Sjeng wrote:
Thanks a_traveller for the reminder
Bother! I really walked back through the entire banter thread to make certain I wouldn't miss the latest version. Did you continue to edit it when posting in the feedback thread?

I'll update mine to match your source, since I figure the ease of use for copying without colors/inline comments is still helpful.
edit: my post updated; only change I saw was that the "2017 RPG Geek Microbadge Creation Initiative - Request Geeklist" moved to the archived section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Palm Island fan
Boards Games / P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Thanks a_traveller for the reminder
Bother! I really walked back through the entire banter thread to make certain I wouldn't miss the latest version. Did you continue to edit it when posting in the feedback thread?

I'll update mine to match your source, since I figure the ease of use for copying without colors/inline comments is still helpful.
edit: my post updated; only change I saw was that the "2017 RPG Geek Microbadge Creation Initiative - Request Geeklist" moved to the archived section.
Yeah I figued if I'm gonna copy paste the latest one, may as well update it further
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb
First page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
badge
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
mbmbmbmbmb
Continuing from the previous thread, on the proposal of a microbadge for Corsair Leader.

Source image of the F4U Corsair:

Group: Board Games
Grouping Description: C
Name: Corsair Leader fan
Mouseover Text: Corsair Leader fan

Revised image based on initial feedback:

Edit -- Deleted Prototype #002 by accident, image here has been re-uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I just got it started. I have not incorporated suggested changes yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
Please visit Microbadge Congratulations - December 2017 through February 2018 and congratulate your fellow designers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mb
Happyshopper wrote:

Board Games / M
Mysthea fan

It would be cool to work in some of the red crystal color as an accent color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
bchee wrote:

I would lighten the image a bit more. Perhaps some more detail will show through. Also, I think the tail was over-corrected. Perhaps split the different between this design and the previous one that was noted as being a bit blocky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Happyshopper wrote:

Palm Island fan
Boards Games / P

A bit more gradient, perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
bchee wrote:

I would lighten the image a bit more. Perhaps some more detail will show through. Also, I think the tail was over-corrected. Perhaps split the different between this design and the previous one that was noted as being a bit blocky.

Thanks for your note. For Prototype #003, tweaked the tail, fuselage and wings as suggested, and lightened the image overall. (I also accidentally deleted #002, so had to re-upload.)

Source:

Prototype #002:
(re-uploaded)

Prototype #003:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchee wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
bchee wrote:

Thanks for your note. For Prototype #003, tweaked the tail, fuselage and wings as suggested, and lightened the image overall. (I also accidentally deleted #002, so had to re-upload.)

Source:

Prototype #002:
(re-uploaded)

Prototype #003:

Hmm. I think the darker (#2) is better. The lighter color looks too muted and not as representative of the original image or Corsairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
bchee wrote:
wildthayne wrote:

Hmm. I think the darker (#2) is better. The lighter color looks too muted and not as representative of the original image or Corsairs.

My personal preference also tends toward capturing the "Dark Sea Blue" shade reminiscent of the carrier-based Corsairs, but I also take the point that the tail (and fuselage, even though nobody mentioned it) was a bit "overcooked" for #002.

I'd like to present #004, which was one of the intermediate steps between #002 and #003. It is a shade darker than #003, but eliminates the issues with #002.

Source:

Prototype #002:

Prototype #003:

Prototype #004:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I need to quote several posts from the old thread to bring them over here, but because it's locked, I can't quote anymore. Is there a way to see my typed post? (i.e. poll numbers, microbadge codes etc?)
Otherwise I'm gonna have to do them all by hand...

postm wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
Well, that poll ain't helping

Here's the golden version, that I couldn't upload yesterday:
to match mb
I voted for the gold one, but I'd make the golden color brighter (I.E. add more yellwo to it)

mb:
->
or
a bit brighter. Star Wars: Solo fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
mb
or
If you have to submit one I'd go with the S without the KS logo to match the E.

But I don't think another ETS badge is needed, there's already two which have a collective 18 sales. Even when v1.5 ships will people really buy the S over the E? Or even alongside it?
Well, sure, I agree, so I'll stick with the KS badge then. I'm pretty sure a KS badge for EtS will sell as soon as the game arrives. It's the same with all other KS games. And with the "S", people can have mb
or mb
together, instead of 2 E's.

Poll
Which design is better in your opinion? "Endure the Stars Kickstarter backer" m/o: "I backed Endure the Stars on Kickstarter!"
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
mb
80.0% 4
mb
20.0% 1
Voters 5
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Poll created by Sjeng
Closes: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
for Sonic Battle Racers: I tried a few things
I like the middle one, needs a bit of work on the edges perhaps.
I like the middle one too, but apart from the circle needing a little work is there any way the B could be a pixel taller so the middle stripe would be central? You'd lose some of the stripes horizontally but I think that would be ok, and there's empty space below the B that the height could go into I think.

New try:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Palm Island fan
Boards Games / P

>

How's that? I don't want to go too far so the white still pops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildthayne wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Board Games / M
Mysthea fan

It would be cool to work in some of the red crystal color as an accent color.

>

I've tried to bring some of the scenery in a bit more, so the crystals from the left and the branch above. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:

>

I've tried to bring some of the scenery in a bit more, so the crystals from the left and the branch above. What do you think?

Redder crystals perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Honto nanoda,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
wildthayne wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Palm Island fan
Boards Games / P

>

How's that? I don't want to go too far so the white still pops.

I prefer the first. You'll need to reinforce the edge if you go that far. Maybe split the difference, then re-split, then emulsify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [440] |