Subject: Can I use the move action twice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure anyone frequents here anymore. Last post seems to have been back in Nov. That said My fiancé and I played this game last night and was curious if you could do movement actions twice in the same round. She also made the observations that she doesn't think you can do the goal cards in 5 rounds unless you can use the move action more than once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to follow the rule about same coloured dice on the action space, but yes you can do the move action twice.

See top of page 14:
Quote:

* White and black dice are not considered player colors (blue, yellow, green, red). As such, a player with those types of dice could reuse an action space they have already used with their player color.

* A player may combine black and white dice with dice of their color. However, your color dice may never be more than once on the same action space (exception : Take 3 coins).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
You have to follow the rule about same coloured dice on the action space, but yes you can do the move action twice.

See top of page 14:
Quote:

* White and black dice are not considered player colors (blue, yellow, green, red). As such, a player with those types of dice could reuse an action space they have already used with their player color.

* A player may combine black and white dice with dice of their color. However, your color dice may never be more than once on the same action space (exception : Take 3 coins).

Thanks for the quick response. I found a thread far further down that answered my question fully.

Going to try another game later today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Dorward
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly you probably don't want to use the move action more than once per turn even if you get the white or black dice to permit it--that would cost 4 dice in total. Better to just grab a contract that gives you 1 step of free movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:
Frankly you probably don't want to use the move action more than once per turn even if you get the white or black dice to permit it--that would cost 4 dice in total. Better to just grab a contract that gives you 1 step of free movement.

This game is very tactical, and the best way to do things will change depending on the game situation. Sometimes I have found it very helpful to be able to take the move action twice. Other times there are better ways. It is great fun exploring the game and figuring out when to take different approaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:

Sometimes you need to do more than one space of movement in a turn though, in which case a double movement is sometimes more effective than having to complete a couple of contracts (If they even exist)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nate Dorward wrote:

...except when you want to beat an opponent to a spot to use its city action or get it's big city bonus tile, AND also move last to have first action the following turn.

IMO, being able to get two non-color dice in a round is a huge benefit, even if only to retain start player the following turn.

WAY more beneficial than just being able to move further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.