Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Moore
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been detailed elsewhere, I haven't been able to find it if so.

I just received my copy of 'Railways of Nippon' and really like the new box dimensions that aren't gargantuan. I did not, however, order the reprinted maps/10th Anniversary Edition of RotW.

Does anyone who has received these know if the new reprints are also now in the similar box size as'Railways of Nippon'? Or are they a straight reproduction of the original box dimensions?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10th Edition RotW itself and the new editions of the expansions are still in larger boxes as their maps do not fold up nice and small like the map for RoN.

The width and length of the new edition expansion boxes is identical to that of the original box for Railways of the Western US (they are a bit deeper than the original Railways of the Western US box).

For storage purposes, I found the reprinted Railways of Mexico and Railways of the Eastern US maps (as well as the new RotW scoring track) pretty much require the full width and length of the original RRT box. The reprinted Railways of Mexico map in particular is a tight fit in the original RRT box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
My Railways of Mexico maps, old and new fold a bit wider than the Railways of the World eastern and western U.S. maps. Consequently, my RoM map does not fit in my Railroad Tycoon box, but it fits in my Railways of the Western U.S. box.

The new east and west U.S. maps and the score track fit fine in my RRT box.

I like the smaller size of RoN. I think it will help me get to the table more often than one of the larger maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.