Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hedge question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Vers
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When two different tiles have hedges back to back, you only roll once when jumping the hedge right, not twice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I would say that you only roll one. The point is that you're moving into a zone without LoS.

Dang hedges killed me last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vers
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks. Also,the zombies aren't jumping the hedge here right, they're going towards green because it's a clear path?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The zombies at the bottom right are the only ones with LoS to a Survivor's Zone and they will head to the green Survivor.

All other Zombies will head to the noisiest Zone on the map, which from that image would be the one with the two Survivors in it, given there doesn't seem to be any noise.

The Zombies on the other side of the hedge from the pair of Survivors will would totally go through the hedge if they weren't in a Waterhole making that a ledge too. Hedges do not close off paths, they are considered open.

Edit: fixed the above paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Caville
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
From what I can see, the zombies & abomination “next” to Asim & (the big-based Survivor) are blocked from getting to Asim & friend not because of the hedge but because said hedge is bordered by a ledge which they cannot leave thru. If not for the ledge, the zombies would be able to pass thru the hedge if that was the path to the noisiest zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't notice the Waterhole art, you're correct about there being a ledge there. The Zombies will be routing the long way around due to the ledges. I'm guessing the Abominotaur must have smashed through a wall to enter that building (even though there is no rubble marker used), and thus most of the Zombies will use that path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Caville
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
It’s most likely that the Abominotaur spawned inside the building & hasn’t yet needed to “urban renewal” its way out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DruidGamer wrote:
It’s most likely that the Abominotaur spawned inside the building & hasn’t yet needed to “urban renewal” its way out.

Impossible, unless the rules aren't being followed. There are two reasons I can see immediately:

1: There is no noise near the door from opening it.

2: No Zombies spawned in the other two rooms of the building, or they somehow all got cleared out and the survivors moved a long way out of the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake TheZombie
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools

Friend and I are debating. Does the door go through the hedge because clearly the door time covers the hedge. Can cul'nar SEE the zombie? Can he shoot the zombie? Does the door go through the hedge? It doesn't seem right that a hedge would grow in from t of a door, and opening a door you'd have to get through the hedge to open a door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake the zombie wrote:

Friend and I are debating. Does the door go through the hedge because clearly the door time covers the hedge. Can cul'nar SEE the zombie? Can he shoot the zombie? Does the door go through the hedge? It doesn't seem right that a hedge would grow in from t of a door, and opening a door you'd have to get through the hedge to open a door.

You could just as easily put a hedge token over the door one.

The answer is you should treat that transition as having both a door and a hedge. If you want to thematically justify it, consider the door to have a curtain across it or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see a problem. A derelict old building could easily be overgrown with vines and shrubbery. I seen this a million times in movies that a old building or cave opening is covered over with plants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.