14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Where do you buy games online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marianne R.
msg tools
Hello BGG Universe,
I recently saw an online retailer in Oregon announce they are closing their online business. This makes me sad because they were a great resource of items available to purchase and lots of information about games in general. They used to be my mainstay and I like supporting local business.

I have a couple of choices of stores to purchase in the Puget Sound area, but I'd like to hear where you buy your games and assorted game related needs.

I am familiar with online stores like ebay and the great marketplace here at BGG.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Marianne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon
Miniatures Market
Cool Stuff Inc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X wrote:
Amazon
Miniatures Market
Cool Stuff Inc

Ditto those above, plus:
-Game Nerdz
-Cardhaus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to go to Board Game Prices first and see what the prices are for what I'm interested in. I then check my want list and see where I can get the best price and free shipping once I build my order.

Buying games can be a game within itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. "I pity the fool" T
United States
Jefferson County (close enough)
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the above and for older stuff that is hard to find:
Noble Knight Games, Janesville WI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
There is also the site boardgames.com and gamesurplus.com. Sorry I don't have their links. Gamesurplus.com is based in Pennsylvania and I can't remember where boardgames.com is based.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andi sea
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of my favourite online Canadian shops ship to the US. The currency conversion may translate into some good deals for you. www.boardgamebliss.com and https://store.401games.ca. BoardGameBliss in particular has a lot of hard to find and import items.

I also agree with the poster above to check boardgameprices.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite ones are those smaller OLGS:

https://legendesque.com/
https://boardlandia.com/
https://www.gamesurplus.com/

All three have excellent customer service in my experience. Super quick to respond (not sure if I ever waited for even an hour), open to special requests and suggestions, well-packaged games, Boardlandia and Legendesque also have a good rewards programs, and finally Legendesque offers free shipping starting at $50. I have shifted my purchases more and more to those 3 stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chicken Farmer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like Miniature Market and CoolStuffInc. I have invested (or wasted, depending how you look at it) a good amount on their daily/weekly sales. They both will do holds for you, and free shipping at $99 (MM) and $100 (CSI). CSI will only allow one days' daily deal in a combined hold order. MM allows anything.

I've ordered from Cardhaus before. The $125 for free shipping is kind of high, plus they don't do holds.

Thinkgeek has had some sales on games. Free shipping on $75. Limited selection, and prices are either really good or really bad.

I have not ordered from legendesque.com yet, but from what I have seen they look good, and the prices are competitive. Free shipping on $50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X wrote:
Amazon
Miniatures Market
Cool Stuff Inc

Me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI the vast majority of the time. With a smattering of MM, Cardhaus, Amazon, and Game Surplus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Most of my shopping is on Amazon. With a prime membership you can't beat the shipping. I rarely order enough to qualify for free shipping on some of the other sites and I don't want to wait and combine games for the free shipping. Plus I have an Amazon rewards card so I usually have points on there to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Preiser
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eBay - it takes patiene, but you can find good deals
Noble Knight Games
Direct from publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posthumous Jones
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkyroot wrote:
Most of my shopping is on Amazon. With a prime membership you can't beat the shipping. I rarely order enough to qualify for free shipping on some of the other sites and I don't want to wait and combine games for the free shipping. Plus I have an Amazon rewards card so I usually have points on there to use.

It’s worth noting that Amazon prices with free shipping can be the same as, say, Coolstuffinc prices with shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.