Paul Robertson
msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/128500/modsectors-alterna...

Above is the alternative starting area. Could i kust connect it to the kiln space and go?

I am asking because i am making some extra tiles in anticipation for game i am getting this go around on KS and have 3 3xtra tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all a matter of preference.

In my plays, larger universes seem to have less of a problem with early runaway leaders. So anything that makes your area bigger makes for a tighter game. That said, it also makes for a longer game unless you are only playing to ten or fewer Fame Points.

Try both ways with your play group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've actually played several games using the original game's setup and just shuffling The Kiln's system into the deck. Makes it interesting when it pops up later on, though it also makes Ember worthless until it does appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend just keeping the extras as open space until you've played a few games. After that have a look at all the options out there and think of how each might change the game for you.

I'm also not a fan of the duplicated spawn points but that's easily fixed with a black marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sallay
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We put the kiln in the centre, as per the Embers starting tile rules, the number of players around the kiln and then if any spaces remain around the kiln fill them with empty spaces from the dev kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.