United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings!

I'm part of a boardgame meetup group, if you're active on Meetup you may be too, as it appears to be the biggest in LA County... 2000+ registered users, though a typical event might get two or three dozen showing up.

ANYWAY, this is NOT an announcement (sort of).. I posted an ad recently over on Craiglist, looking for people who like games willing to learn one or two new ones. And I got so many responses, I thought it would be good to have a venue where we could all talk to amonst each other, instead of just all vs ME. Plus, another good way to promote BGG, right?

ANYWAY, if you've arrived at this thread because you responded to the Craigslist ad, welcome! Fire away with any questions here, say hi to others that responded, but note that you will have to register for a (free) acccount here before you can reply.

That said, the meetup is March 24th, at St. Bede's Episcopal Church. Noon to Nine PM. Here's a link to the Google Map...

3590 Grand View Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066

https://goo.gl/maps/C7772yedpMs

And here's a link to the meetup group and event...

My People Connection Gamers
Strategy & Party Games
http://meetu.ps/e/DQHgY/zj83Q/d

IMPORTANT CAVEAT... most of the Meetup groups that feature boardgames are free. THIS one however has a $10 cover, to help with the cost of renting the meeting hall for 9 hours. Added plus: they raffle off 3 or 4 new-in-shrink games each time out. I've won a couple myself (Rogue Agent and Emergence).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

This is a monthly meetup. I've gone to the past 2 months and loved it. The $10 is worth it, even if you don't stay the whole 9 hours. (It'd be more worth it if I ever win one of those raffles!) There has been somewhere between 30-50 people each month with the number fluctuating throughout the day, so there are plenty of opportunity to play new games. Bring your own or play games other people brought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.