Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that infantry combat is always resolved on the FC #1 table. Not sure which table they are referring to.

Does anybody know where I can find this table in the game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It has been a long time, BUT:

If I recall correctly in Tank, you had THREE Combat Results Tables, depending on the Fire Control quality of the attacking unit. So they referred to these as FC1 (Fire Control Type 1) , FC2, and SC, which were 8.91, 8.92. and 8.93.

They say, "Note that each of the combat results tables is labeled with a Fire Control System (and the first two tables, a Panic Level). A given firing unit uses the table which corresponds to its characteristics."

Of course, they really DIDN'T label them that way! They labeled them Combat Results Table, thus your confusion.

Use 8.91 for Units With an N or SR Fire Control System and a Panic Level of 2 or Below;

Use 8.92 For Units With an N or SR Fire Control System and a Panic Level of 3 or Above;

Use 8.93 with the SC Fire Control System - (which only the M60A2 and the Centurion 105 had.)

And just in case the problem is you are missing the chart sheet, you can get it here: http://www.spigames.net/PDFs/TankRules.pdf

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh yeah - there were MORE tank types that used SC in the EXPANDED Tank! rules. In case you never got the Expanded Tank! rules and charts (if I recall correctly you had to be a subscriber or order them by mail) I have them here:

http://www.spigames.net/PDFv2/TankExpandedRules.pdf

But you'd likely also need the added counters, too:

http://www.spigames.net/PDFv3/tankexpansionunits.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I always felt Tank! was a funny game. If you just sat down and played it like you thought it should play, and used the rules as a 'referee' of sorts, it basically works.

READING the rules you could just bounce off it, because they are so ... congested? Over wrought? I can't put my finger on it - but it is much like the difficulty you just hit - I don't know that they made that little thing about the FC table clear ANYWHERE. It is buried IN A SIDE NOTE!

(On the other hand - I don't know if there was any errata ever needed for this game, so there is soemthing to be said for Zucker being so difficult in his rule writing!)

Not knocking the game - really, it still holds up today, and the systems compare well with ASL and much more complex games.

My brain wants me to write a computer interface to 'drive' the opponent tanks (just giving them a priority list and a probability choice on decisions). And an interface that let's you put in the commands for your tanks, and does all the range / armor / weapon computations for you.

But - I already have a full time job, AND a part time job. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Lewis
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have it in my collection!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gifford
United States
South Sioux City
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
And NOW to answer the question you ACTUALLY ASKED. (Sorry)

The INFANTRY COMBAT TABLE 8.81 is a LITTLE, TINY box table to the RIGHT of the FIRST Combat Results Table I mentioned in the first item.

It is to the right on the FIRST PAGE of the link I posted before - which I am posting here again.

http://www.spigames.net/PDFs/TankRules.pdf

Sorry. Getting old, I guess!

---Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goss
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, Russ! I found the table you mentioned but it seems to be only for AP fire for Infantry vs Vehicles. Since it indicates that max fire range is 3. In Tank! Expanded the range for Infantry HE is 5 hexes. Still confused......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Scarlett
United States
Levitown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This may sound like a silly question, but what is the movement allowance for an infantry squad in Tank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.