Hide
10 Posts

Vengeance» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blitz cards ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
During setup, you are instructed to remove the 4 blitz cards. I dont see anywhere in the rulebook when you put them back or how you use them at all ?? Can someone help me out ? Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, Page 5:

"The Wronging

5. Take the remaining Vengeance cards, add the Blitz Vengeance cards set aside during game setup to these and shuffle these together to form the Vengeance card deck face down."

Rules, Page 16:

"Scoring During the Game

Blitz Vengeance Cards

Some Vengeance cards do not have a specific boss on them. These are Blitz Vengeance cards that represent the Hero being beaten on by the rank and file of the various gangs. These cards may be used with a Den belonging to any gang but can only be used to score Dens. When they are scored, they grant a +1 bonus to that Den’s . They cannot be used in conjunction with other Vengeance cards."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Just a few more questions after our first game

1.Every killed boss is placed on that plastic " wall" thing. So that means, that any player who has that boss matching vengeance cards can score them at the end of the game, even if it was killed by someone else ?

2. When you are KO , your combat turn ends and that's it, no other penalties ?

3.If you don't have a matching boss or even gang card, can you enter a den to kill the minions and the boss just for the fun of it ( or the wild die tokens ) without scoring any points ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Just a few more questions after our first game

1.Every killed boss is placed on that plastic " wall" thing. So that means, that any player who has that boss matching vengeance cards can score them at the end of the game, even if it was killed by someone else ?

2. When you are KO , your combat turn ends and that's it, no other penalties ?

3.If you don't have a matching boss or even gang card, can you enter a den to kill the minions and the boss just for the fun of it ( or the wild die tokens ) without scoring any points ?

1 - No, only the person who kills the boss gets the points.

2 - Correct

3 - You can, but you if you have nowhere to fight and get points you are better to skip the fight and get the alternate benefits instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok thanks. Does it matter if you have multiple boss cards of the same boss and multiple vengeance cards for the same boss?

Let's say you got 3 vengeance cards for Batoman and 3 boss cards of Batoman. Can you score each of the set of 3 vengeance cards that you have 3 times because you have 3 copies of Batoman ? Each 3 vengeance cards being 5 point ,can you score 15 points because you have 3 copies of Batoman ?

Rulesbook says you can score your vengeance cards later, not immediately after you kill a boss, so with 4 players playing and each placing the killed boss on that plastic wall thing, how do you keep track at the end of the game who killed which boss ? That's why i asked my first question, its a bit confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Rulesbook says you can score your vengeance cards later, not immediately after you kill a boss

It does not say that. When it says "later" it means that if you have 2-3 matching vengeance cards for a boss, you don't have to "redeem" them all for that fight, you can choose to cash some of them in immediately after a later fight.

As soon as your fight is over you can choose to "cash in" any of the matching boss cards in your hand. If you cash in one, you take the top value on the vengeance card, if you cash in two you take the second value, etc.

I suggest you watch this how to play video. It sounds like you are getting a lot of the rules very wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Ok, thanks i watched it. There was a section in the rulebook which says " you may score " the vengeance cards, i thought you could score them at the end of the game or on later rounds, didn't know you have to score them at the end of the combat round.

So when you have one or more combat rounds phases, you have to score any matching vengeance card at the end of the each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Ok, thanks i watched it. There was a section in the rulebook which says " you may score " the vengeance cards, i thought you could score them at the end of the game or on later rounds, didn't know you have to score them at the end of the combat round.

So when you have one or more combat rounds phases, you have to score any matching vengeance card at the end of the each round.

You can only score vengeance cards at the end of each round (then you immediately discard them). However, you don't have to score all of the matching vengeance cards if you don't want. You can save some for later combat rounds against the same boss/gang.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Right , but then you are taking the risk that someone else might kill the boss you need later so you wont be able to score them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saifur wrote:
Right , but then you are taking the risk that someone else might kill the boss you need later so you wont be able to score them.

That is definitely a risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.